Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Herco for cast '06??

Herco for cast '06??

I see load data for Unique in '06...Herco is not a world away, anyone have Herco data for '06?
    I have a lot of Herco and just picked up a good cast bullet rifle..
    Thanks.

Boolit Master

Thanks!

Boolit Master
    Herco should work very well in 30-06 cast loads,it is what I am currently using in my Krag rifle, and to brag a bit, used it to shoot a 383-8X at our last CBA match. I'm only using 10gr with a 175gr plain base bullet,and it is a very mild and accurate load, yet still holds to 200yds, and I believe is cleaner than Unique. I'm going to try it in '06 again, as I bought a jug at a bargain price. With a gas check bullet, 12- 13gr should give you an accurate load. Jim

Thank you very much. I just picked up a Springfield yesterday, with a good sporterization done on it...had "cast bullet rifle" written all over it . Mirror bore, Williams rear sight.
    Has not been Bubba-ed...barrel has not been floated, haven't broken it down to see what's under the stock. Thought I'd shoot it first..who knows...it might already be a shooter.
    I had a bunch of processed brass already stashed back, and a bunch of cast for my 30-30, and some others I have accumulated. All I need to do is play...

Boolit Grand Master

I tried it in 30-06 with 200 gr Lee bullet, nice mild load and reasonably accurate for conditions that day. 15.0 grs was most accurate of 14-16 tested, 5 round groups of 1.5"-100yd @ 10*F Jan 2004, 15.0=1556 fps from 22" Savage 110. WSF(15.0=1555 fps) powder tested same day at same loadings, velocities and accuracy same, you couldn't tell difference if it wasn't noted on the load card. Notes says real clean burn
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve shot a lot of it in my 06. 13.5 grains with a 200 grain cast bullet for me. Works good with cast in handguns so I keep a few pounds on hand.