Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sharps? Variants? BPCR? (Or, "Feeling what might be a developing 'itch'.")

Banned

i have a chronic frozen gun shoulder condition that made me experiment with ways to best mitigate hefty recoil of a full house .45-70 PPB cartridge loaded to the rim with compressed black powder (83 grains) under a 523 grain PPB. a kick killer akton butt stock pad is what i use along with a past shoulder pad, and can fire off 60 or more continuous rounds without feeling a thing during or after.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Formal offhand target shooters (i.e. the immigrant German "Schuetzen" shooters) determined by 1900 that their best calibers fell between .28 and .33 - even the venerable .38-55 gave too much recoil to let a man shoot a score without excessive fatigue, unless he was built like Paul Bunyan. 'Course a score for those guys was 100 shots in a day at 200 yards. That game is still played today, but you might find something less demanding.
    with consideration of the above ...

deciding on a BPCR/TR gun is one thing, whilst the cartridge choice is entirely another.

the distances within game(s) to be played will have a large influence on the chosen cartridge. at the longer venues, bigger/heavier lead will be better, and that will typically mean added recoil. it is what it is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345