RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: anyone else shoot for distance?

Banned

anyone else shoot for distance?

anyone else shoot past 40m with their pump pellet gun? i recently acquired a Daisy 880 pump that had blown out seals for about 10 cents from recycling center.. i replaced the blown seals with silicon rubber and doubled them up to take higher pressures, will now handle 15-20 pumps without issue. i then mounted the barrel and shroud solid to where the barrel liner does not move anymore for improved accuracy. i also reamed the air port in the pressure block a little larger and took a dremel to the inside to remove the flashing and to smooth out the airflow into the barrel to get rid of any restrictions that would impede the pressurized air.. i also found me an old steel tube Waver C4 scope and put on it.. so far it is capable of hitting the small plastic golf balls at 30m and hitting the bottom of a soft drink can at upwards of 50m with 15 pumps which now create a small sonic crack using the copper plated pointed pellets.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	223690
    im not overly happy with how far the scope is unsupported, but that is the only place i could get a good cheek weld and be able to get a full sight picture.

Boolit Master

Very nice score! Sounds like you know what your about working on airguns; I shoot my sliver streak at 50 and 60 meters regularly ; crows and beer cans are in severe danger at those ranges.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    One of these was my first air rifle! Fond memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I have been thinking about selling my regular guns and getting into air rifles. I probably will do that someday.

Banned
    they a hoot to shoot, that is for sure.. and it is hard to find 500rnds ammo for regular rifles for 5$..

Boolit Master
    I shoot out to 100 yards with my .22 Hatan flash pcp from time to time. My Gamo Swarm 50 yards mostly.

Fly

Boolit Master
    I shoot spring powered air guns out to 70 yds., that is all the elev. my Hawke scope's mildots will allow unless I reduce the magnification.

I have shot Rimfire Silhouette with my R1 that at 40 50 75 and 100 meters. With the sun behind you you can easily see the pellet in flight and the trajectory is substantial. With a 50 yards zero I was holding about 6" over the ram. I hit 4/10. Chickens at 40 and Pigs at 50 I got all of them, Turkeys always give me fits.

Mind you,,, I was shooting off a rest instead of Offhand, but it was just for fun.

Point being the pellets will go that far and they actually knocked the steel rams over with a significant amount of force. I'm sure it would kill a rat or squirrel.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-24-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

My 1377 with the stock pistol bbl. runs out of front sight to hold above the rear for elevation just a few feet shy of 100yds. When sighted in with a 6 o’clock hold for 25 yds.

Still have plenty of elevation left I could dial into the rear sight though. I plan on getting a click adj. rear sight so I can return to the original 25 yd. zero easier than the stock rear sight for that very thing though.