WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Drivers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    It's like a plague.
    It started in kakafonicate, and is spreading across the country.
    We, in hawaii, are already infected.
    Kind of like the show Walking Dead.
    They walk around with no brains, no honor, no respect, only care about themselves. .
    I keep watching Walking Dead, to find out what the cure is going to be.
    We’re not the problem lol. Y’all are the problem lol, it’s not our fault none of you fools ever learned how to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by LynC2 View Post
    If you think the drivers are bad in Texas, you should see the crazies in New Mexico.
    that is so true. visited a relative in albuquerque in january 3 year ago . one morning there was some little snow on the highway ,lasted couple hours at best,but cars were crashed everywhere ......had to roll around the city to see things.....pffft,i was wondering if we were in florida . tailgating,fishtailing.....anything goes. was the worst driving experience i've ever had LOL.

Boolit Master
    Some of the worst drivers in my area are the LEOs.In the last three months,I have almost been T-boned three times by them when they ran red lights with a cell phone stuck in their ear.NO emergency lights OR sirens going.Of course,we have an abundance of pill head/meth heads too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    I will not comment on which state has the worst drivers but I will give you a warning about which state is the best at handing out tickets for speeding or whatever and that is New Mexico. RTE IO & RTE 40 are the state's biggest source of income.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

+1 ^
    Actually it's a population density thing. With DFW building apartments at the present rate, like NYC. Can't build the roads wide or fast enough.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Pete View Post
    I attribute it to no longer having Driver's Ed. taught in school. You know, budget cuts in our education system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I attribute it to the general lack of manners in society today.

Sent from a real computer using my fingers.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by azrednek View Post
    One good thing I discovered about California drivers. Traveling on freeways at 65+ bumper to bumper. Put on a turn signal to change lanes. The California drivers immediately open a gap giving one room to move over. My state of Arizona and others I've driven. Many drivers will move up taking up any room making a lane change nearly impossible. Just to many drivers believe the road in front belongs to them.
    Got news for you. They mostly WON"T let you in. Many speed up. And talk about lane change --- fast lane to exit (3 lanes) --- in a couple hundred feet, and that's in bumper to bumper. The rural road that I have to travel to go anywhere is two lane with a speed limit of 55. Many drive 75 or more. I have been passed on double yellow as many as five times in ten miles. Neighbor was killed in a head-on by a law enforcement officer late for work. That was on a double yellow on a blind hill. Their being five minutes late is more important than your life.
    Last edited by fast ronnie; 07-17-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Well, Bexar county has 1 in 6 drivers uninsured. Feeling lucky?
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." --Dr. Johnson

Boolit Master

I've driven CALIFORNIA Freeways for almost 50yrs.
    We have so many **** prius's that can't get out of their own way that That's gotta slow down overall speed by five miles an hour.
    I drove as a passenger in my neighbor's prius last month. TOTAL GUTLESS ***. NO ACCELERATION.

And those **** "furrin" drivers from new york & boston who don't understand how to drive on Dry Pavement in Bright Sunlight.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    that is so true. visited a relative in albuquerque in january 3 year ago . one morning there was some little snow on the highway ,lasted couple hours at best,but cars were crashed everywhere ......had to roll around the city to see things.....pffft,i was wondering if we were in florida . tailgating,fishtailing.....anything goes. was the worst driving experience i've ever had LOL.
    Very true, I thought the drivers in El Paso were bad until I moved here. While stopping for a red light I've seen 3 drivers run it on the red, one after the other. Then we have many out there driving with multiple (8 or 10) DUI convictions and it seems the judges let them off with a slap on the wrist at most until they kill someone. I avoid driving here at night because of it.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Master

I have a very good job opportunity in Albuquerque; you all aren’t giving me a good feeling about moving there!

Actually I’ve already turned it down, for other reasons. It is still open though, and I’ve mulled it over many times whether I should revisit the idea.

There are good drivers and bad drivers everywhere you go in the US. In urban areas they are a bigger problem because of number of cars on the roads. I just buy into any of this regional stuff.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Banned

It was prevalent enough that it was regional. Crossed the border back into Oklahoma and only saw one driver acting like that and, you guessed it, Texas plates. Wasn't just in Fort Worth either, out on the open interstate. Just something about the culture there.

Boolit Master
    My hometown, Wichita is ranked the 25th worst city and pretty much all the cities rated worse are much larger metropolises. I know for fact we have ranked worse in the past, it bounces around. So per capita, it's atrocious.

I have come to believe our DMV's have been replaced by a bank of gumball machines that dispense drivers licenses. We're up to our necks with window licking retards here.

In short, its a good thing murder illegal.
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 07-18-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I live in Massachusetts. In the past few years, we've taken trips in Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, and Utah. Each trip is 1,500 to 1,800 miles of driving over a week or so. I can count on one hand the number of tailgaters or rude drivers we encountered. Maybe it's the wide open roads, or the 80 MPH speed limits, but people on the roads out there seem to be much more polite and reasonable than back East, even in the cities. 4 out of 5 cars that drive by my house have drivers that are texting (probably anti gun messages).
    Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.
    I have to agree with him. MA has the worst drivers in the NE. I worked there and the only good drivers were the ones commuting to and from work what they do after that is the most rude jerks known to man Northern New England has a name for them that all the local comics use as it is so common. Can't say it here.

Boolit Grand Master

It isn't just Texas.....don't get me started on idiotic drivers. National epidemic with no cure in sight.

When I was a young driver motorcycle cops were behind every other bush...run a stop sign , speed , have a loud muffler, peel out (screech your tires) and you got a ticket.....Today drivers violate every rule, law and ordinance and nobody get a ticket... I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a cop giving a driver a ticket . A law without consequences is merely a suggestion .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Some of the worst drivers in my area are the LEOs.In the last three months,I have almost been T-boned three times by them when they ran red lights with a cell phone stuck in their ear.NO emergency lights OR sirens going.Of course,we have an abundance of pill head/meth heads too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    you got it, some cops drive so badly they should not have licenses. lots of good ones, but way out of proportion to drivers who cant give you a ticket for bad driving!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Newboy View Post
    Rural Texas is the only place I have ever driven where the cars on a two lane road will pull over on the shoulder to let you pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We've made several trips from New Mexico to Houston in the past year. We've gone to driving rural roads until we intercept I-10 east of San Antonio. Traffic is light, people on rural roads tend to have manners unless driving very expensive cars and yes, they will pull over to let you pass if they're going slow.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
    My experience driving in Texas is: If you're not doing at least 75mph on a two lane blacktop, they'll run you right over.
    The speed limit on many 2 lane blacktops in Texas is 75.

Agreed that Albuquerque and I-40, especially west of Albuquerque is scary. The traffic even 30 years ago was bumper to bumper, mostly heavy trucks. Last time I drove it the entrance ramps were very short and there is no chance of a trucker lifting their foot off of the pedal to let you in. A Prius or Tercel entering I-40 would be life threatening. I don't think bad driving is regional. It seems to be that the closer I get to a large metro area the more aggressive the driving becomes. Even in smaller towns like where I currently live there is no shortage of people that will blast past, cut in front, slam on the brakes and turn into a business or side street with a half mile of empty road behind me.
    Last edited by David2011; 07-18-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Typed in the wrong place, fixed it.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Drivers everywhere are ill mannered . The big cities are pathetic . There is no mercy on the highway anymore. I remember when Texas had the ..'DRIVE FRIENDLY !' signs on all the highways but no more .

I live bout 120 miles west of Dallas , I have been making trips to a doctor there and feel like I have cheated death every time I go . Was stuck on the George Bush Expressway for ...THREE AND A HALF HOURS ! People were getting out of their vehicles acting nuts , been taking a pee jug and a few bottles of water since then . Was 109 degrees today ….poor time to get stuck on top of an overpass for who knows how long .

As a rule I go around the big cities now days , might take an extra hour to go around but it's more scenic and I'm in no hurry anyway .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Now this is a problem. Local bank got held up today, by a 36yr old gal who poured gas & lighter fluid on the floor. resisted LE and ran to car, using small child as a shield. LE grabbed the kid and took the gal in custody. Brainless.
    Whatever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast