Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Drivers

Banned

Texas Drivers

Had to do a whirlwind trip down to College Station and back. Now, I had a Texas Driver's license for most of the time I was in the Army, have lived in the state off and on, was born there, but it's been a few years since I really drove deep into it (most of my travels for a long time were just to Decatur from here and back).

When did Texas apparently make it a requirement to be a stupid ******* to get a driver's license? It is so prevalent that it must be a systemic thing. Funny because as a group, they tend to be pretty friendly folks in face to face interaction. I never want to have to drive there again, though.

Now , the wife is a Texan but right now there is as slew of them working in Florida. They drive like the dickens and the cops are writing them as fast as they can,,,so they must be slow also..

Boolit Master

They must be California transplants. In Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana seems the California Plates are on most of the eratic/high risk cars I see on the road.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    Most of the Texas drivers are up here in Colorado keeping our blood pressure up

Boolit Master
    Not our fault if you can't keep up with us.

If you want to see what bad driving is, go down I10 in Louisiana.

Boolit Master
    You get those Texas drivers to cross the Red or Sabine River into Louisiana and we’ll show you what real pot holes are like, some you can loose a whole tire in.

North Dakota Drivers have gotten really bad the last 20 years. We even have our own move named for us.
    The "Dakota slide" where people change 2 or 3 lanes with no signal to be seen. Normally cutting someone off in the process.

Had one do it to me 5 years ago, idiot was in far right lane of 3 lane one way road. I'm in far left.
    He realized he forgot to get gas and cut across 3 busy lanes of traffic to dive into a gas station.

I saw him coming and was on the brakes or I'd of t-boned him. He missed my right front corner by less than 6 inches.

No consideration, no thinking, no waiting until after that big truck goes by. Just pull out and go slow and expect not to get run over. Devil take the hindmost. I may save 3 seconds.

Boolit Grand Master
    It's like a plague.
    It started in kakafonicate, and is spreading across the country.
    We, in hawaii, are already infected.
    Kind of like the show Walking Dead.
    They walk around with no brains, no honor, no respect, only care about themselves. .
    I keep watching Walking Dead, to find out what the cure is going to be.

Boolit Master
    I've driven in most of these United States, and a handful of foreign countries. Washington D.C. is tied with New York City for the worst drivers. Dallas rates in the top 10. The rest of the country has it's areas where I would prefer to ride, rather than drive, but the U.S. as whole doesn't hold a candle to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for bad drivers.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    I've driven in most of these United States, and a handful of foreign countries. Washington D.C. is tied with New York City for the worst drivers. Dallas rates in the top 10. The rest of the country has it's areas where I would prefer to ride, rather than drive, but the U.S. as whole doesn't hold a candle to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait for bad drivers.
    I'll agree with Saudi and Kuwait. Seemed like they accounted for it by building all the roads with very wide lanes and big medians.

Boolit Master
    I live in Massachusetts. In the past few years, we've taken trips in Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, and Utah. Each trip is 1,500 to 1,800 miles of driving over a week or so. I can count on one hand the number of tailgaters or rude drivers we encountered. Maybe it's the wide open roads, or the 80 MPH speed limits, but people on the roads out there seem to be much more polite and reasonable than back East, even in the cities. 4 out of 5 cars that drive by my house have drivers that are texting (probably anti gun messages).
    Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.

Boolit Master
    I attribute it to no longer having Driver's Ed. taught in school. You know, budget cuts in our education system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master

I've been driving in CA for fifty years. I really noticed the " furrin" drivers from other states when I came home from the SERVICE. It seemed that every 3rd or 4th License plate seemed to by from MICHIGAN or new york. That's when driving in CA started to go down the tubes. All them "furrin" drivers brought their bad habits with them. They taught us what is now referred to as the "CALIFORNIA STOP.

I remember driving across country in 1975. From Bethesda,MD to Long Beach, CA. Stuck to the Interstates mostly. People drove fast and hard. Get off the Interstate East of West Texas you took your life in your hands.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    If you think the drivers are bad in Texas, you should see the crazies in New Mexico.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    They must be California transplants. In Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Montana seems the California Plates are on most of the eratic/high risk cars I see on the road.
    One good thing I discovered about California drivers. Traveling on freeways at 65+ bumper to bumper. Put on a turn signal to change lanes. The California drivers immediately open a gap giving one room to move over. My state of Arizona and others I've driven. Many drivers will move up taking up any room making a lane change nearly impossible. Just to many drivers believe the road in front belongs to them.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    texas has no corner on them they are everywhere. i can't believe the way people drive. i have been cursed at for stopping at a stop sign slowing to let someone merge doing the speed limit ( always stay in slow ane when on the inters ). had one fellow run a stop sign and cuss me saying i should get out of his way . i just wave and say hellow. this makes some people cuss me even more go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    When did Texas apparently make it a requirement to be a stupid ******* to get a driver's license? It is so prevalent that it must be a systemic thing.
    Clearly you have never been in Massachusetts. They STARTED the whole moron driver thing.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by battis View Post
    i live in massachusetts. Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.
    never a truer word was spoken!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I drive between 125-200 miles a day in NY, these are my observations. City people can't drive, they never get over 25 miles an hour in a city, once above 40mph they don't know what to do and they don't normally travel outside the city. They are basically lost once they leave there area. They also are used to driving with street lights and traffic signals, take them away and they can't see at night & don't know what to do at an intercession. Many of the worst drivers are foreign born and bring there bad habit driving "skills" here. Next are the "pacemakers" They decide they will set cruise control at 5-8mph over speed limit and stay in left lane driving. The middle lane is the slow lane drive at speed limit or less but don't want to be interrupted in the right lane with merging traffic. The right lane is jammed up with people who want to move over but no one will allow them in. Turning your signal on tells the person next to you that you want to get in front of them (cut them off) they won't allow it! I find also the more expensive the car the more aggressive the driver. I often see two or three fancy cars racing against each other through commuter traffic. Then you have the toy cars that the "kids" like to drive, stay away from them! Here these kids drive the Honda's and Subaru's with the rear wheels cambered so far positive that only half the tire is touching the road. All in all you can tell a drivers skills by the looks of the car, lots of stickers/heap of junk stay away, they drive slow and erratic. Watch for the shiny fancy cars/suv's in the rear view they will be blowing by you and changing lanes with little clearance and may be racing. One other to avoid, the SUV with the stick figure family on the rear window, she's speeding, talking or texting while holding her phone. Oh and when it's snowing stay away from them all as they don't have snow tires and they are all driving white knuckled and scared or without regard to weather conditions as they have 4WD!
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 07-15-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I live in Massachusetts. Sorry guys, when it comes to ***** drivers, we got the market cornered.
    They call them Mass-holes for a reason!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast