Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee

Super Moderator Emeritus
    My doctor told me 2 cups maximum. Not one to beat around bush I bought a bigger cup, 2 cups drains 10 cup pot but I only drink 2 cups. My wife gets up and makes coffee then tells me it making. 54 years and only time my coffee not ready was when she was in bed with lot of damage from accident.

I started to drink coffee when I got into the navy and that was what kept you going for the long hours. I drink it with nothing in it.After I got out I drink a pot in the morning. That is a 10 cup pot. If I drink too much of it in a days time It will start to put me to sleep.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I drink 10 cups every morning. I get the 2 lb bag of Kona blend from BJs and that's my everyday coffee when I'm home. I'm get pretty spoiled some days and then.....I have to drink the swill coffee from a hotel. It makes me yearn for home all the more.

My wife always keeps me in Kona. Just 7ish more years to retirement....Those retirement years with this woman will be wonderful.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    My wife can't get her morning going without Coffee, but me, can't hardly stand to smell the stuff let alone drink it.

Boolit Master

Black Rifle coffee; some of the best there is. I too started my addiction in the Navy and it's stayed with me for 53 years now.

Boolit Master
    I guess I'm a coffee snob. I buy whole beans, grind them rite before I brew them in a moka pot and make my own triple cappuccino. One a day for pennies and Starbucks gets no money to fight me with. Win win!

Boolit Master

I, too, grind my own and five generous scoops of Kenya AA with a light touch of a Bavarian chocolate blend in the drip machine motivates my morning quite nicely.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

Port City Java - Wilmington, NC. Been buying their beans for over 20 years. 2lbs Tanzanian Peaberry, 1lb Colombian dark roast both in the bean. I mix these and that has been our morning brew. I order online, get the coffee usually two days later, it was roasted on the day I ordered it. Only way to get it fresher than that is to roast your own.

For 43 years I have gotten up in the morning, made coffee and breakfast for the family, now just the two of us again. LOML needs a cup in the morning to be fully functional. I just like it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I've done it in mid summer, with a freshly brewed jug of sweet tea. Still not quite the same though.

I used to drink a single 12 oz insulated mug of coffee every morning. Then my wife upgraded me to a couple of those nice stainless steel insulated 20 oz coffee mugs.

Ok I'm spoiled, I know it.

Blend this month. Rainforest alliance hazelnut, 8 oclock hazelnut, Verona Street Mississippi grog in roughly equal amounts. Ground fresh every morning. 45 cranks of the grinder right hand, 45 left hand.

Wintertime I tend to swap the rainforest hazelnut for Pablo's Pride. Just has more UMMPHhhh and get up and go in it. Needed up here in cold country.

Boolit Master

I remember NAVY Coffee. Only stuff worse then what my DAD made. We boys started drinking Coffee with him when we hit 12yrs. I think He was prepping us for NAVY Coffee.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master
    Used to drink coffee.
    Can't now.
    GOUT.
    I would always drink it straight.
    That way I could taste what real good coffee taste like.
    Fufu coffee is OK, but you can make almost anything taste good with enough sugar and stuff.
    It's funny, but Green tea I can drink. Only Green tea. Other teas give me attacks.
    These days all I drink is water.

Banned

I'm hopelessly addicted. Usually drink it most of the day, gotta have two or three cups when I get up to be able to think. I've tried to cut back from time to time, yeah, didn't work.

Sodas and tea don't hack it either. And I never learned to like it with anything in it, gotta have it black and strong. I drank it before, but it became a compulsion during Desert Shield and Desert Storm, never kicked it when I got back. I guess as vices go, coffee isn't too bad. Never smoked or dipped, but if nicotine is like coffee, I'd be the guy lighting one off the other had I ever taken it up.

When I worked in the state prison, briefly, I once had the opportunity to drink the coffee the inmates got. It was as bad as you could imagine. I'm surprised it didn't cause a riot.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    All the time that I was working (before retirement), Mrs. smokeywolf would get up 20 minutes before me, make coffee, wake me up with a fresh cup and fill an insulated travel cup for my 50 mile drive to work.
    A little off topic but, 11 to 12 hours later when I'd get home from work, she'd meet me at the truck with an ice cold beer in an iced mug.
    True love!
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master
    I have a close friend from Ethiopia. His daughter "roasts" the green beans in a saucepan over high heat, presents the pan for our approval, then grinds the beans very fine. They serve it in tiny cups. It's much like espresso, very strong and dark. I love having coffee at Berhane's house!
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master

Coffee and Copenhagen only way to start the day! If one is missing it will be a bad day!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    All the time that I was working (before retirement), Mrs. smokeywolf would get up 20 minutes before me, make coffee, wake me up with a fresh cup and fill an insulated travel cup for my 50 mile drive to work.
    A little off topic but, 11 to 12 hours later when I'd get home from work, she'd meet me at the truck with an ice cold beer in an iced mug.
    Every Friday my wife stops at a store that has beer on sale. Micro brews that are near the expiration date and buys me a couple. It's always a surprise what they are as she picks them by how she likes the label which is as good as any. After another 70hr week a nice IPA or Porter is always nice.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

I was thinking of this the other day as I have been drinking coffee in the morning since I was in high school but a few days ago I was so rushed I didn't have time to make any or stop to get some. Strangely, I thought, I never got the headaches or whatever you might get from not having any or really notice it during the day.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Black Rifle coffee; some of the best there is. I too started my addiction in the Navy and it's stayed with me for 53 years now.
    ^^+1. Great stuff but a little pricey however, it's nice to treat yourself to one thing in life. Besides casting I mean

Boolit Master
    Back when I was still working a day job my routine was to stumble into the workplace and mumble "Just get me some coffee and nobody will get hurt." The guys believed it for a while, later they dismissed it as just my babbling in some foreign language. A guy can't get a break.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast