WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coffee

I also need my coffee in the morning - not so much during the day anymore. Started roasting my own coffee about 5 years ago and refuse to buy the junk they sell at Starbucks and DunkinDonuts. We have a coffee machine that does the grinding and dispensing for each cup, from Espresso to a lighter large cup, and you cannot beat fresh roasted and brewed coffee. A cup of that and a croissant is all I need for a good start into the day
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Caffeine deficiency is valid legal defense for every crime except murder.
    If I was on the jury, caffeine deficiency might even be a valid defense for murder, depending on who the victim was...

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Mmmmmmm . . . . a good cup of coffee! I think I started drinking it when I was about 15 or so. Have enjoyed it all of my life. Then "doctors" come along . . . one says it's bad, one says it's O.K. . . . and of course they all "know best". Hmmmm . . .
    I have cut back some . . probably average 4 cups a day now . . . . 2 the first thing in the morning and two in the evening. My wife says she can't understand how I can have coffee in the evening and be able to go to sleep . . . doesn't seem to affect my ability to go to sleep at all. When I had my shop, I had a coffee pot going all day long . . . customers would stop in even to grab a cup and it seemed like I always had a cup on the bench but sometimes it got cold before I got to it.

I don't smoke anymore . . . haven't in years but I still care a pipe or a cigar once in a while . . . don't drink . . . try to eat well as the cardiologist is always lecturing on that. My goal in life is that when "my time comes", I'm sitting in a rocking chair on the porch with a good cup of coffee, smoking Kentucky Club in an old corncob pipe and eating a nice fried chicken leg . . . sort of a "last hurrah"! LOL

Boolit Bub
    I retired in November 1998, had been drinking coffee since I was 19. But in 11/98 I decided to quite coffee. I have probably had 10 (ten) cups of coffee since that time, haven't missed it at all. To each their own but there is a world on the other side without coffee. Enjoy and have a excellent day.

Roy

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Used to drink coffee.
    Can't now.
    GOUT.
    I would always drink it straight.
    That way I could taste what real good coffee taste like.
    Fufu coffee is OK, but you can make almost anything taste good with enough sugar and stuff.
    It's funny, but Green tea I can drink. Only Green tea. Other teas give me attacks.
    These days all I drink is water.
    Then add some black cherry juice. It is specific for gout. Black cherry in any form, but the juice is concentreated.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

I had never heard that coffee contributed to gout. I've never had it but have a neighbor who suffers with it and it is apparently pretty miserable.

i'm an avid coffee drinker.not that i'm getting moe than i should,i drink like 2-3 a day.

if i'm not having at least one in the morning,i'm miserable. might not pronounce a single word for the day lol.

i too don't drink it elsewhere than home. most coffee on the fly taste like unknown brown matter macerated in hot water.

i now buy premium brown beans coffee only,as the cost difference isn't a factor for me; yes,i like coffee that much.

kenya AA
    tanzania peaberry AA
    arabica Bruni
    sumatra brown
    galapagos brown

those are my favs,and i always have a good batch of each ones in the fridge.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I remember NAVY Coffee. Only stuff worse then what my DAD made. We boys started drinking Coffee with him when we hit 12yrs. I think He was prepping us for NAVY Coffee.
    Flight Ops coffee at 0430...before the day shift came on duty and brought a fresh themos jug from the messhall. Blacker'n a witch's heart, bitter, and left grounds in the bottom of your cup.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Generally have half of a 12 cup pot at some point during the day. I can fill up my coffee cup almost twice from half a pot.... so I only have 2 or maybe 4 cups of coffee a day.

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

I've started my day with coffee for over 73 years that I can remember.
    The only exception being three mornings before surgeries, but I made up for it before dinner. It's not a matter of want or desire, it's a necessity for everyone within earshot. Lack of it can make Jeckel and Hyde look like lovers.
    I gave up cigarettes and drink without anyone noticing, but leave my coffee alone.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Mold
    Nectar of the Gods!

Boolit Master

When I was working, I took a quart thermos of coffee to work every day. That was after 2-3 cups before work. This was all instant. Just lazy. When I retired we bought a Cuisinart coffee maker. First one gave up the ghost about 4 years ago. Had to go buy another that same day.

Bought a Keurig shortly after the second Cuisinart and wore it out in 3 years. Second one still works. Wife won't drink anything else. I only use it when I want a cup in middle of the day. Buy the cups mail order to save money. Somehow we go thru about 6-8 cups a day in addition to regular brew.

I've considered grinding my own but can't decide what grinder to get. Too many choices. I've never trusted multi-function devices so I don't want a combination grinder-brewer. Suggestions?
    John
    W.TN

I've found that people come in 3 versions in the morning.

Those that wake up and hit the ground runinng

Those that need a 15 minutes of snooze and another few minutes to process things and grease the gears

and then there are those, who wake up a cro-magnon knuckle dragging neanderthal and need at least one cup of coffee to revisit a few hundred millennia of evolution.

I won't mention which one my wife is, but I was warned when we began to date, that if I want to survive - not to make any sudden moves before she's had at least one cup of coffee.

Boolit Master
    I have used the 8 O`clock brand for years.Remember the great aroma when you walked into the A&P grocery stores?I usually drink a full pot every day.Yummy.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Caffeine deficiency is valid legal defense for every crime except murder.
    In the case of murder it isn't a defense but it can be used as part of a diminished mental capacity defense. Which is legit unlike the twinkie defense which is easily disproven. If junk food made people homicidal then Google and other tech companies would have a higher body count.

Never mind oil or strategic metal embargo! Cut us off from our coffee and I'm pretty sure your country will be invaded by the time the average household gets down to 1/2 a can left. All enterprise and production would grind to a halt. Well maybe if we got a lot of cocaine we could make it for a couple of weeks on strong tea but by then we would make Hannibal Lecture look like a leading candidate for the neighborhood welcome wagon.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123