Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware mice I'm armed and ready for ya !

I have a KelTec P32 and I reload for it and cast also since I cast for the other 32's handgun loads.I size my boolits to .312 for it and I have it shoot better then the factory rounds and not as much since the 32ACP is not on the low cost. I have found brass for it in different places. So It all works for me also in my 327 BH I shoot all 5 32's in it so it all works for me and had a Handi Rifle made for the 327 also.For the 327 BH I size the boolits to .313 .I also use the 32 boolts and size them down to shoot in my 30cals for shoot like a 22lr.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    If it is a revolver or single shot pistol, in a .32 caliber, one could make snakshot or ratshot shells too. ref https://www.sagesoutdoors.com/32-cal...shell-wad-kit/
    One could do it for the .32 Auto as well, but coming up with a frangible shot holder would be tricky.

Last edited by Earlwb; 07-16-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo

I made some out of the 327 and just use cards that I made from cracker box and no GC. It all works for me. I just have to adjust for the other 32's .What I seen that for no lead build up like I seen was stated in some other post on other cases. That with a barrel that have home made lube in the barrel will help for no leading from the shot that is use like stated Earlwd .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Didn’t James Bond use a Walther to interrogate a mouse in Spectre?

My previous reply didn’t post the image of the mouse.

Boolit Master

Rooster Cogburn would think you were seriously undergunned with a .32 and he tells you why in 30 seconds!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5wxqFQj76U
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

I have 32acp dies & several 32 molds, but I can say I have never reloaded a 32acp in my life. Now
    32 revolver, short & long I have loaded hundreds. My BIL had a 25 that he was plinking with all
    the time. It's only gun he owned. My sister was at him for wasting so much money on 25ammo.
    He turns up at my house with new Dies and a sack of empties. I solved that situation by taking
    his 25 and giving him a H&R 22. I've never loaded a 25acp either.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I have 32acp dies & several 32 molds, but I can say I have never reloaded a 32acp in my life. Now
    32 revolver, short & long I have loaded hundreds. My BIL had a 25 that he was plinking with all
    the time. It's only gun he owned. My sister was at him for wasting so much money on 25ammo.
    He turns up at my house with new Dies and a sack of empties. I solved that situation by taking
    his 25 and giving him a H&R 22. I've never loaded a 25acp either.
    Wanna part with any of those 32 moulds? I have loaded 25acp, not for myself but for a long past friend that was a commercial reloader. Can't load those on a 1050, gotta have a good powder measure. I do still have 4 or 5 hundred empty brass, figure some day I will own one.

Boolit Mold
    Mattw, Lee dies had a 32 ACP Undersized Sizing Die, it does not show on the web sit, you might find one on one of the online stores.
    If not, you can special order one from Lee.
    I had them make a carbide sizing die for my 41 L colt

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Rooster Cogburn would think you were seriously undergunned with a .32 and he tells you why in 30 seconds!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5wxqFQj76U
    Lol That was good been a while since I've watched that movie . i think the duke would be ok with the 32 if it was just for mice ! But for that big rat yeah you need 45 colt at a minimum (think that's what he shot?) ......especially at that long range across the room distance .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I did some online research and it appears that the average common mouse weighs about 1.6 ounces.
    Obviously, if one takes a certain well known gun writer from the past seriously, and I am sure we all do...one should endeavor to use enough gun and since the .30/06 is never a mistake then one should immediately discard any .32 caliber handgun before attempting to defend one's self from any creature as imposing and dangerous as a mouse.
    Grab your .30/06 and be assured that you have enough gun and also be sure you couldn't possibly have made a mistake.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MEB View Post
    Mattw, Lee dies had a 32 ACP Undersized Sizing Die, it does not show on the web sit, you might find one on one of the online stores.
    If not, you can special order one from Lee.
    I had them make a carbide sizing die for my 41 L colt
    Thanks, I will check into that! Then I would need to reduce the size of the expander just a little. But that would be a good way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Hi...

I did some online research and it appears that the average common mouse weighs about 1.6 ounces.
    Obviously, if one takes a certain well known gun writer from the past seriously, and I am sure we all do...one should endeavor to use enough gun and since the .30/06 is never a mistake then one should immediately discard any .32 caliber handgun before attempting to defend one's self from any creature as imposing and dangerous as a mouse.
    Grab your .30/06 and be assured that you have enough gun and also be sure you couldn't possibly have made a mistake.
    Lol I'm not tall enough to carry one in an iwb holster. maybe a 2" barrelled TC encore in 30-06 ,AP loads just to be safe !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Lol I'm not tall enough to carry one in an iwb holster. maybe a 2" barrelled TC encore in 30-06 ,AP loads just to be safe !
    Hi...
    I would recommend APBC discarding sabot with DU core.
    Again...use enough gun and appropriate ammunition, no sense in taking any chances.
    I do think it would take a big man to carry a 30/06 in a IWB but an Encore with a 2" barrel should be concealable...although I will admit I don't want to shoot it.
    I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about the recoil...if you survive.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If someone will make me a barrel I'll fire said 30-06 in a Contender. Mind you, I am NOT going to fire it with factory loads, I am thinking more like 3-4 Gr. Unique and a 80 grain or so Boolit. Should clear the muzzle and not hurt my hands. (No guarantees it'd make it to 25 yards though LOL)

Boolit Master

LYMAN#311252 has been my choice for .32ACP, cast of LINOTYPE over 2.2grs BULLSEYE. Cast of COWW over 1.1grs of BULLSEYE in the .32Short & Wimpy.

Yea, I know, but it worked for my DAD for 40+ yrs and it works for me.

My Wife has a cat, so I only have bury them in the ROSE BED. Free fertilizer.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

A Rodent Self Defense Weaqpon?

My candidate for a"Rodent Self Defense Weapon" is a Ruger Standard Auto MKII Pistol conversion from .22LR RF to .25ACP CF wiht an 8-1/8" long Tapered Barrel, Adjustable Rear Sight, and Volquartsen Target molded rubber Grip.

The Grip fits my hand and it has a 'swell' at he Bottom that extends below the normal end of the grip frame, surrounding the Magazine well opening, along with a thumb rest ledge for right hand use.

Without any Magazine, it is slightly muzzle heavy compared to a normal Ruger Standard Auto Pistol.

(cases, that is.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25 Series Swaging Dies bottom view cropped 5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	234095
    Swaging Dies for reducing 5.7x28mm to .25 Stevens/.25ACP Diameters.

Chev. William

Boolit Buddy
    I carry the Kel-Tec 32 with Leigh defense Cavitators and I do not feel under gun we at all

Boolit Master
    I had a Colt 1903 Auto pistol. It was extremely accurate with factory loads. I used the european stuff. Really nice little plinker and would take down jackrabbits easily.

I only used it for plinking and got tired of trying to find all those little brass cases, so, I sold it. I have to say that it was the pistol that converted my wife from revolvers to semi-autos. She liked shooting it a lot. Then she 'graduated' to her own Light Commander in .45.

Have fun with the little thing.

To update this thread , haven't been attacked by any rodents big or small yet so can't say if it's up to the task. But Ive done a lot of carrying it in my coat pocket and shot a few boxes of Geco ball and some old win silver tips and it just purrs right along and at 7 yds keeping a magazine full in the kill zone of a humanoid target isn't a problem even at a quick pace . . Over all I'm very pleased with my little mouse gun .

Boolit Master
    I had a Keltec P32 for defense under the cash register. It was stolen. Now have an Astra, a FEG walther clone, and a Beretta 92. You are making me want to go out and shoot them.

For the mice " nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    Last edited by jdfoxinc; 01-17-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added comment
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast