Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware mice I'm armed and ready for ya !

Beware mice I'm armed and ready for ya !

Well I am the semi proud owner of my first true mouse gun. Got a deal on a Keltec P32 I couldn't pass up . I've always wanted one of these since they came out on the market just due to its tiny size and lack of weight . It's a first gen. gun came with that little belt clip thing 3 mags ( in case I have to deal with a whole herd of mice ) and an extra green grip frame . Haven't shot it yet 32 ammo is rare as hens teeth I've found out in my area . If I have to mail order ammo can anyone who has one tell me what brand is perfered ? Or better yet what to avoid.I am wanting to stay with regular ball ammo cuz mice got rather tough fur!

Tim
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Sometimes a wounded mouse will charge and you have to stand fast, aim well and break'em down. A traumatic experience, I had nightmares for weeks.

Boolit Master

I just had a CZ70 follow me home... I had acquired around 500 rounds of ammo over the years, so had some to shoot while I gathered the stuff to reload them. Gonna roll my first this weekend, have lead and a handful of jacketed projectiles. When I was a kid, 32acp was everywhere... now it is nowhere. I am also looking to pick up some more brass, these are gonna get lost from time to time!

My 70 really like eastern bloc ammo, it is .309ish. The US stuff is slower and fatter. The 70 has a longish barrel and shoots the old import stuff just a whisker over 1000fps, most of the US stuff is 10 to 25 under 900 fps. The bore on my gun is perfect and slugs out to be best for .309 cast as it measured between .308 and .309. Most cast are .311 to .314, so I will be sizing them down and using Euro cases for proper fit. I have a feeling the US cases brass will be to thin to hold them in properly.

Boolit Master

Those P32s are nice. I have carried a P3AT in .380 for many years. I think the P32 is more accurate than the P3AT.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Don't bother with domestic ammo, it is watered down and overpriced. Get European 7.65 Browning such as Fiocchi or S&B, it will stop even the most determined rodent!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I have been using some PPU and it works really well! Plinking with US stuff to use it up.

Boolit Grand Master
    Outpost avers that you want a boolit that runs long, .945 OAL IIRC, and he has many years experience with the 32. I have had very good results with the Ranch Dog 314-75 but I load them to .905 NOE now makes this mold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3703 (2).jpg  
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Mine always liked Win Silvertips. I still have a couple boxes of them and still carry it when little is needed.

In my experience the .32 ACP is an accurate cartridge; the .380 is not. That FN 1922 brings back pleasant memories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The Browning BDA I had would tack drive with the loads I shot, if you made them too hot it'd string vertically HORRIBLY but a little lower powder load would cycle perfectly and shoot as well or better than I could. A stronger recoil spring would let you shoot heavier loads, if you need stronger loads. I wouldn't want to use a 380 for self defense tho, it isn't very powerful, it'd kill mice all day though! Nice little gun and with the dual column mag it filled my hand well enough, I doubt an AMT backup would have served me well though, for example.

I have a P32 ,I just use my reloads with cast boolits. I reload for 32 any ways for my 327 BH and also for the Handi Rifle I had my gunsmith make for me. For my P32 I size the boolit to .312 . There is no problem for it to cycle. I try some factory rounds and for the cost of them it is not worth for me to keep buy them that way. For my it dose not shoot like a regular semi auto. The front dot need to be even with the top of the 2 side dots. and it is dead on.Like stated Outpost is the man on 32's .I got some information and advice from him also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

The reloads I worked up for 2 different P32s were Lyman 311-252 over a very small dose of Bullseye (can't remember right now). They did very good.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Thanks for the advice folks . All I could find after work today was Win white box at wallymart for 24 bucks I passed as I can mail order 2 boxes of euro made stuff almost as cheap . As far as reloading for it , I'm gonna pass I opened up the box at wallymart and seen how small those cases are . Between my barely functioning pudgy fingers and my shooting area being very grassy and brass loss will be very high don't really seem like it be worth the trouble for me . Again thanks

Tim
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I have carried a P32 for years and it shows it but it goes bang every time.

I have owned a sack of good 32acp pistols. I never did much shooting with them other than fool
    around plinking. My only gut buster type gun that I keep is a Walther PP 32. For what it is it is
    accurate enough to be practical. I always wondered why some American company didn't make
    one in a sport model with Adj sights. I think a good 32 auto would be a useful gun where you
    want more than a 22 but less than a 38sp when after small game & varmits. I had a Hi Standard
    380 with 4" barrel, built on their 22 auto pistol design. At the time I had it I had no use for such
    a gun. Would like to have one now to put adj sights on and see what it would do.

Boolit Buddy

I have several 32s that i enjoy shooting and yes, reloading for. Just recently picked up an Accurate Mold (31-087T) to shoot out of my M70. The Pill drops at .313 and 88 gr with my alloy. Tumble lube over 2gr of Unique. cycled great but may be a bit hard on polymer frames. I also Load 71gr FMJ over 2.2 gr Bullseye.
    Lots of rounds per pound of powder and lead. As far as the grassy shooting spot, I've thrown down an old bed sheet to catch the brass. No need to pick all the cases, just use the sheet as a bag a-la- hobo style.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Boolit Grand Master
    I used Winchester Slivertips in my Seecamp
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Didn’t James Bond use a Walter to interrogate a ��

Boolit Master

So, did some 32ACP learning this weekend...

Let me start off by saying... Have been loading for almost 35 years and this is the first time I have loaded these. The CZ70 has a fairly tight chamber and wants .309-.310 bullets and they only fit properly in some brass. I found success with G.F.L., Geco, PPU, some WW, some FC but no R-P way to loose. The bullets I used were Missouri Bullets Cowboy #18, I think they are Lyman 314252 clones. They came in .314, way to large for the CZ. So I sized them down to .310 as my barrel slugged .308+. I also found that many factory rounds from the US and Euro countries would not freely drop in the chamber (pics below), so I set mine up to come close seated to .949 and they worked fine as she has a good strong recoil spring. They also feed without issue, about 50 of them!

I do have a little brass running up the ejector and it does scratch the cases, may polish it a little and I also have a ding on the ejector port. Likely will order a recoil spring (wish I could get a little stronger one) and an ejector and extractor. Very pleasant to shoot!

I ran all the loads over the chronograph. This little gun likes higher velocity, groups are much better over 950fps. I have attached some data that I have been working on... ymmv! I will be working more with TiteGroup, may step it up and down one tenth and see what happens. So far, no pressure signs.

I would love to find this bullet with the front driving band not as far forward and without a crimp groove. At some point, I may have a mould made for it... just not sure yet.

If anyone has extra Euro brass, please let me know! I need more, working with 49 rounds stinks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LoadsS.jpg   PortS.jpg   EjectorS.jpg   Data.jpg   factGFL.jpg  

factPPUs.jpg   factWWs.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Yeah the .32 auto and even the .25 auto ammo can be hard to find sometimes. Fortunately, our local Cabelas, Bass Pro, Academy and Walmart have the stuff in stock. But not a lot of choices for different types to choose from though. Some of the better gun stores have some. Cabelas seems to have the largest choice for different brands and bullets though. I think all I saw at Academy was the Aquila brands in these small calibers. I was surprised to see some at the local Bass Pro last night though. Bass Pro even had some S&W .32 Long ammo too. I don't remember anyone ever having a sale on these more obscure cartridges either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast