Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beware mice I'm armed and ready for ya !

The last mouse I shot was with a 12g slug. We were just setting up to check sights for deer season. Some previous members had left some scraps of junk food around the bench. Mouse came right out in front of bench
    and started chewing on potatoe chip. I carefully aimed for between the eyes, knowing they can charge when wounded. With my Bro backing me up with a 45/70, I chanced the shot. We found some mouse residue the rest went into orbit. I can vouch for Brenneke slugs as good mouse loads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    The last mouse I shot was with a 12g slug. We were just setting up to check sights for deer season. Some previous members had left some scraps of junk food around the bench. Mouse came right out in front of bench
    and started chewing on potatoe chip. I carefully aimed for between the eyes, knowing they can charge when wounded. With my Bro backing me up with a 45/70, I chanced the shot. We found some mouse residue the rest went into orbit. I can vouch for Brenneke slugs as good mouse loads.
    Classic case of using enough gun...

Boolit Master
    I've got a P32 that I used to carry. Just about any factory ammo worked as did my handloads. I also have a number of other 32ACP's. The Walther PPK and Mauser HSc do not work well with US factory loads. They have tight chambers and need hotter loads to function. All of my handloads are made to work with the European guns, but they work in US guns, too. My handloads had a small problem with the P32 when I first got it, but there are no problems now.

One problem I had with the P32 and my handloads was that I use 77gr RN cast bullets. They would go up the feed ramp slowly or even occasionally stop. I read the "Fluff & Buff Kel-Tec P32" recommendations on the Internet and followed them. One of the most important parts was polishing the feedramp. It was rough. I ended up with 1500 grit sandpaper wrapped around a dowel and have had no problems with it since. If you use factory FMJ, you should not have any problem, as is.

I still shoot it from time to time, but use the heavier guns more often. They are sweet to shoot (and accurate, too), but are a bit big and heavy for concealed carry. I don't know how long that extremely light gun will hold together with my "warmish" loads, but it certainly is small. Reason enough to keep it.

PS: If you wound a mouse and they charge, remember that shooting through the skull with a 32ACP is iffy. Keeping your head about you is the only way to live. Aim for the knees. They are less protected.

You need some good mouse hounds to go with that gun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mylo george bella.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	234214

LOL

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Elmer would be proud.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    Thursday, Feb. 14th, I took a "Range day" in the Wet, Cold, Breezy midday at Half Price range fee.

I shivered through firing about 150 rounds of Factory .25ACP FMJ through my Ruger Standard Auto MKII .25ACP converted Pistol with mixed results. The pistol 'patterned' Slightly Low and to the Left of POA, which was a 'Military 6 O'clock' hold on the Target central Orange dot. This took me about 4 hours of "Single Shot Shooting" as I still do not have any Magazine made to Feed this pistol.
    At about 1600 hours I gave up, packed up, and Left the Range shivering still until about half way Home. It seems my Aged Southern California body is not as cold resistant as I once was, especially in intermittent drizzling rain and Blustery times.
    But I DID Have FUN!
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Thanks for the advice folks . All I could find after work today was Win white box at wallymart for 24 bucks I passed as I can mail order 2 boxes of euro made stuff almost as cheap . As far as reloading for it , I'm gonna pass I opened up the box at wallymart and seen how small those cases are . Between my barely functioning pudgy fingers and my shooting area being very grassy and brass loss will be very high don't really seem like it be worth the trouble for me . Again thanks

Tim
    I had the same thought when I bought my Tomcat in .32acp; too small for my stubby, half-numb fingertips. You won't find a lot of ammo at the stores but I've always found it at gun shows. Domestic, S&B, Fiocchi... Maybe only a box here and a box there but at the larger venues I can easily pick up 8-10 boxes.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Mail Order is now almost extinct in California as ALL AMMO purchases now Must, by Laws, pass through a State Licensed Ammo dealer or a FFL Gun Dealer 'Brick and Mortar Shop' after completing a NICBCS Background Check to verify I am legally Allowed to buy Ammo.
    My Local Gun Shop now charges for The 'Privilege' of shipping Mail Order ammo To him and then going through the NICBCS process to pick it up.
    A Box of Fiocchi .25ACP that was on sale at ~$15.00 cost me ~$22.00 now and "Outdoor Limited" Will NOT sell to California even if Shipped to a Licensed Dealer EXCEPR via their Wholesale Process newly In Place.
    I used to buy 'PPU' .25ACP from "Outdoor Limited" in Case lots at ~$263.00 a Case of 1000 rounds, retail. Sadly, not any more.

At least so far, I can still buy Components and 'Load My Own'.

Chev. William

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123