Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox

Thread: Beeman/Webley Omega should I send it for a rebuild?

Boolit Master

Beeman/Webley Omega should I send it for a rebuild?

I have a 30+yr old .177cal air rifle that still shoots fine but I am sure it's not at top performance/velocity. It must have 50K - 100k pellets through it. I had the family shooting clay targets at 50yrd with it yesterday and tonight. The first night just holding over but tonight I sighted it in. I was able to hold the group to an inch or so sighting in on a 3" black circle with my 4x Banner scope. Everyone had a lot more breaks tonight as a result. The gun is still very accurate but I can't resist thinking that sometime it may blow a seal or break a spring. The rebuild kit is about $75 but I understand it's not an easy job. I got a quote today to send it out for repair would be about $225 or so.(Parts plus 3hrs labor at $45hr. I know for the same kind of money I can get something new. I also know if I wait too long I may not be able to get the parts for mine. So do I send it out for rebuild, buy the kit and hold it until I need it, try to do it myself or retire it and get something new? If I get a new one it would be 22 or 25 cal 1,000fps. I also have a old 22cal RWS Diana that isn't dear to my heart like my Webley.
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 07-13-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Boolit Master
    ����������

You really like the gun, and appear to believe you'll get your money's worth of use out of the rebuild. If there is another air gun that you like better, get it. But if this is the one you prefer, fix it.

Boolit Master

I think for the quality of the two that you now have now would be in the 6-900 range to replace quality wise although i'm unfamiliar with the welby model. In other words, you won't get the quality for the mear rebuild price if that makes sense.

Boolit Master
    In UK these old Webley Omegas are running about $350-$500 US. Not that I'd ever sell it and I don't think the value here holds up either.
    Last edited by NyFirefighter357; 07-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.