MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ballistic Products Valu-Slug

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    What’s the name of your YouTube channel blood trail?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lUbDWaVxKo_2jS

Boolit Master

Thanks
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Grand Master

I tried out some more sabot slugs today. Accuracy at 100 yards was not nearly as good as last time, but I'm not ruling out a problem with the gun, scope, or bad shooting. Velocity went 1730 fps with 42 grains of blue dot, and was reasonably consistent. All sabot's were in good shape again. One of these days I need to get the pressure trace system, I have a feeling you could get at least 1800 with blue dot safely.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I tried out some more sabot slugs today. Accuracy at 100 yards was not nearly as good as last time, but I'm not ruling out a problem with the gun, scope, or bad shooting. Velocity went 1730 fps with 42 grains of blue dot, and was reasonably consistent. All sabot's were in good shape again. One of these days I need to get the pressure trace system, I have a feeling you could get at least 1800 with blue dot safely.
    So you don’t know why the sudden shift in accuracy? Wonder how 4756 will does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

To be more precise, the last time I shot them, I ended up with about 8 touching for a group about 1 1/2", but 3 fliers about 6" away, two were straight down close together, one was farther left. I attributed it to a heavily leaded bore for those particular fliers.

Today I shot a 5 shot group at 50 yards that went 1 1/4", then 100 yards 3 were close together at about 2", but 2 shots were again fliers about 6" away. All holes are perfectly round. A study of the sabot shows only the rear half touches rifling, not a big surprise considering the slug/sabot measures about .725", and my groove is .731". I think my next move will be to try them in my Benelli nova slug barrel, which is a 1-28" twist, and a groove about .727". I should also try them from the USH from a clean bore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123