RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationStainLess Steel Media
Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsLee PrecisionADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I clean corroded 7 1/2 - 8 bird shot

Boolit Master
    I tumbled the shot with water and a handful of sheet metal screws. it worked ok, it just trashed the Chinese rock tumbler. I'm going to try the lime away idea. I'm not going to give up, shot is expensive and we shoot a lot of shells in my sons vepr 12. that gun is crazy fun.
    separating sand from the shot is a pain, I already did that once after I dug it from a turkey shoot and an old skeet range.

I have had my eye on a neighbors metal bucket 2/3 full of white dusty reclaimed shot as scrap lead. Sounds like with lime away (just picked up a bottle) and a little time I might be able to load that shot which he doesn't use any more. Was thinking of it as scrap lead that would be a hassle to melt but as shot I can use it makes the price a much better deal.
    Je suis Charlie
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this way of getting casting material somehow.
    Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat I do trade a bit from time to time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12