RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: RCBS customer service

Boolit Mold

RCBS customer service

Don't post much, normally just read what everyone else is posting as most folks in here seem to know a mite more than me.
    I've been casting for roughly forty years now and enjoy the shop work as much as I do the shooting.
    I've had an old RCBS lube-sizer for more years than I can remember and never had a problem with it until a couple of weeks ago when I went to add another stick of lube and found a mess of string looking gunk in the top of the sizer. One of the O rings that surround the gizmo that presses the lube down into the sizer had a small gap...looks like I pinched it when I changed the last stick of lube. Could not find anything on these so sent an e-mail to RCBS asking if a regular O ring would work or if there was a way to order just the O rings.
    My answer was that replacement O rings were in the mail. Sure enough 4 days later I had new O rings. If I can make these last as long as the old ones I think this will be a lifetime supply.
    Same week I got a new RCBS die to cast something smaller than the 405 grain 45-70 slugs I had been using. That sucker put out an almost perfect boolit on the first round. By the time the die was warm it was running great looking boolits and I got a little carried away.
    I plum forgot to put something between the lock screw and the screw that holds the sprue cutter on and it tightened on me. I was almost finished with the run I was working on and tried to "tap" it closed. You guessed it, I sheared the bolt off and had a sprue cutter among the castoffs. I have never done that before and was a little embarrassed, but sent another e-mail to RCBS.
    This was over the 4th of July holiday so it took a couple of days to get the reply that a new bolt was in the mail.
    I don't break much and am pretty careful with my equipment, but in a week managed to mangle two different pieces of equipment, both RCBS made. I was stunned at the response from them.
    Customer service is still alive and well at RCBS as far as I can tell. Very pleased to pass on the praise.
    Oh yes, I put a small piece of 10 gage copper wire ahead of the locking screw before I put that die back together. Don't expect to have any further problems.

Just thought I would try to pass on something positive and see if anyone has experienced such great customer service from any other manufacturer?

Good to know which ones will provide service when needed.

Boolit Master

Hello jwlegal
    WELCOME on your first posting
    Great post
    I have found RCBS to be customer friendly
    Sure do hate they closed their custom die shop
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Every time I have an issue they send me free replacements that show up in less than a weeks time. Their awsome! Hornady in the other hand likes to charge for their defective parts.

Boolit Mold
    Recently I was working over some 44 mag brass and came across some S&B cases that had small primer pockets. I ended up trying to re-prime these and ended up bending the primer arm and broke the hinge screw in the process. I called RCBS, told them what I did, and it was purely my fault. They asked for my name and address and wouldn’t take payment from me. A few days later, the parts arrived. Fantastic service from a great company. Others should learn from this.

Boolit Master

They are second to none even when an item was purchased second hand.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

In my nearly 40 years of reloading, I've used mostly RCBS products for just about every thing. I can't recall needing their customer service more than a couple of times. They have always came through like a champ. I have nothing but good things to say about RCBS products and their customer service.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    In my nearly 40 years of reloading, I've used mostly RCBS products for just about every thing. I can't recall needing their customer service more than a couple of times. They have always came through like a champ. I have nothing but good things to say about RCBS products and their customer service.

Murphy
    This pretty much describes me. Its good to hear that they are still maintaining the rep that they have worked so hard to earn. Oh Yeah, Welcome to the Forum, jwlegal!

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I think most of the casting/reloading folks do a pretty good job with customer service. I have had great luck with RCBS and the feedback on Lee is generally good. Dillion has great feedback (I don't have any Dillion products but if I was in the market for what they sell, I would be all in.) The only company that seems to have an issue (that I have observed) is Lyman and that is mostly actually getting to talk with someone. Once you get to real people they are helpful and try to resolve the issues.(That has been my experience anyway)

Boolit Master
    Recently I dealt with them and received the part for LAM in less than a week.
    Leadmelter
    MI

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    the only problem i have with rcbs is that i feel guilty to keep getting free wear parts i tried to pay for them but was told that they had no way to accept payment and they were small parts and they would just send me some. i will always check rcbs first on all future purchases . and if possible will give them the busness before others.

Boolit Master
    Used RCBS equipment when I was reloading.The only thing that I had to call for was some decapping pins.No charge,and a great CS rep.Then I thought,what if I could find some locally for almost the same price?Well,got out the micrometers and the decap pins and went to the local hobby shop that sold gas powered model airplanes.By golly there it was.Stainless steel pushrod wire,and just the right size.36"piece for .50 cents.Funny thing.Never broke or bent another pin.Never used any of the hobby shop rod either.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

My son mistakenly went off on a job leaving his RCBS tumbler running. A few days later, when he got home, he went to the reloading shack, and the tumbler was sitting there going ' Hmmmm'. He gave it to me to fix, I called RCBS, told 'em the story, and they said the motors were on back-order, and I should send the whole thing to them so they could 'see what we can do with it'. About a week later I received a brand new tumbler - which Jim got post haste...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Just broke my decapper pin in my 300 RUM die set. They're sending my the whole assembly plus 5 replacement pins.

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez - woodbutcher - DRILL ROD is yer friend!

Yes, there have been many stories about what a great company they are. I wanted to purchase the flat steel bracket they use to mount powder droppers to a press to make a stand. They sent me one free of charge.

Boolit Master
    Hi GONRA.Back then(close to 50 yrs ago),the closest place to get drill rod in small quantities was West Palm Beach,Fl.That was about a 125 to 130 mile round trip.So the hobby shop was the closest and best alternitive.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

I have both RCBS and Lyman products - Lyman customer service is horrible - can't say enough good things about RCBS - would not purchase another Lyman product - wish all companies service would be like RCBS

Boolit Bub
    I reciently called rcbs to ask if I could at my expence send my r/c jr press in to get it drilled and tapped for 1 1/4 size die bushings so I could run the quick change setups out now. they told me they didn't do it..............

disappointed
    bob
    I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16

Banned
    I believe that is because its a different size press configuration and they wouldn't be able to warranty that.