Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder Valley’s new website

Boolit Grand Master

Powder Valley’s new website

I am not a fan. Their old one was severely limited. But I liked the simple list format where you could view everything at once. Saved a lot of time. The new site is like every other retailer where it seems designed to keep you looking longer. I was ready to buy some bullets but gave up. They weren’t showing any bulk boxes of Hornady at all. While smaller counts were shown as out of stock. I realize why they upgraded. But I hate sites that put looks over function.

Boolit Buddy
    +1agreed

Boolit Mold
    The more advanced all this technology gets the more I find I am not a fan of it. I am a big believer in the kiss (keep it simple stupid) method but that way of doing business seems to be vanishing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I am not a fan. Their old one was severely limited. But I liked the simple list format where you could view everything at once. Saved a lot of time. The new site is like every other retailer where it seems designed to keep you looking longer. I was ready to buy some bullets but gave up. They weren’t showing any bulk boxes of Hornady at all. While smaller counts were shown as out of stock. I realize why they upgraded. But I hate sites that put looks over function.
    I agree with you...the old one was much. much better!!!!!!

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I haven't been there yet but I will check it out. I'm an analog guy trapped in a digital world though......smiles.

Boolit Master

Hate the new site as well. Just plain hard to check stock etc...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Buddy
    Me too I loved the all in one style of the old one. Reminds me of brownells too complicated I wont use either one again.

Boolit Master

Forwarded a link to this thread to powdervalley customer service...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    Wanna see complicated? Go over to Midway and ask them if they have any (fill in the blank). You will get 7 pages of similar (or not) responses and never ever learn if they carry what you are trying to find. If they are my last resort for shopping I will call them, but won't try to locate anything on their web page.

Boolit Master

I am 76 years old and basically computer illiterate and do not find the site difficult at all...dale

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I liked it all on one page. It was easier to see what was in stock.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I am 76 years old and basically computer illiterate and do not find the site difficult at all...dale
    I did not say it was difficult. I was pointing out that you now have to spend more time to find you want. I found that when I opened up a particular bullet style that was in stock it gave me an option for quantity. Not all of the quantities were in stock. On their old site a simple look at the list told you which quantities are in stock.

And let’s be honest here. You don’t go to a site like PV to find information about a product. If you want powder information you go to the manufacturer. Same for the bullets. You don’t need to see a pic of the powder bottle or box of bullets. Graphic heavy shopping carts like that drive me crazy. And this is coming from someone that’s younger, by decades, then most people here. K.I.S.S. is a principle that’s lost when it comes to tech as a whole.

There was a lot to be said about their old site. Click powder, click brand, and magically there was a list w/ every type and quantity that they had available. Same goes for bullets. Nothing more than this type of setup is needed for ordering the products they sell.

Boolit Master

Not a fan of the New Powder Valley Web Site. Unfortunately; most web sites are the result of younger developers (teens to 30's) who are more interested in "APPEARANCE", or "Isn't this Cool"; and have forgotten about functionality of the Web Page and the fact that someone came there to Shop & Buy.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    I like the new site, especially how you can check inventory levels.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by djgoings View Post
    I like the new site, especially how you can check inventory levels.
    Just remember that it’s garbage in, garbage out. Not saying this is the case w/ the site. But if someone inputs the wrong stock about the number showing on the site doesn’t matter. I do like the feature. But I’ve been burnt by it on more than one occasion on/ other sites.

Boolit Master

I will agree that the pictures aren`t necessary .
    Most of us know what a can of powder or a box of primers look like.
    I assume the web designers think the pics help sell the product....dale

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    Thank You! Now I know that I am not alone. I really miss the old days when paper catalogs were the norm.Robert

Boolit Buddy

I'm glad to see others not liking the site!!!

Boolit Master

One by one I see click useful sites get turned into touch friendly useless sites. Tablets are a huge market reality and young people are visually oriented and often barely literate.

At some point someone should ask, is a barely literate person really my target market? Does the large sales of new tablets belie the large number of unretired laptops? But no, web designers can only quote browser adoption trends, web design fads and SEO stats.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Buddy

Its useless compared to the old listings, I want to see an inventory and prices , make a comparison and get the heck back to my day. Wont be wasting any time on it in the future..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast