Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sizing over .001 bore diameter bad?

Boolit Mold
    so far I've only had difficulty getting it to coat my 360 grain .45 flat point & in the hollow point configutation i cannot get the bottom of the hollow point cavity, boolits idk if it's the alloy or just harder to get coverage on the greater surface area

Boolit Grand Master

And you need the bottom of the HP coated why?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Couple of observations:
    • "I have too many guns". Incorrect. The correct formula for gun ownership is "n + 1" where "n=the number you currently own". This rule is only superceded by "y - 1" where "y equals the number that causes your wife to leave you".
    • On a serious note, I'd invest a few dollars in Smoke4320's powders. Check the Vedor section. I had trouble with Harbor Freight red. Could not get it to work well. Switched to Smoke's and it works every time.
    • While I know Elvis does a lot of testing, the whole "preheat so you don't have to bake as hot" is a nice experiment.....but it introduces another variable as you have found. Use a Cool Whip or Sherbet container, non-stick foil, and pluck them. You can still get 3-500 an hour this way and you'll be sure of consistency.
    • Always, always, ALWAYS start low and work up. Among other reasons, I've NEVER gotten best accuracy from max loads. It's always somewhere between the middle and the 75% mark.

Keep at it, go with the "slow, but tried and true" methods. Fit is king and even though you are powder coating- hardness still matters. Just not as much.

I don't know what your set up is like, but you might want to be casting like a maniac now. You aren't going to want to do THAT in the middle of Michigan winter.......

Boolit Mold
    o ya winter is all I can think of it's my reloading season indoors so I've been gathering all the lead I can to cast as much as possible now that I've got a better idea of what I should be doing that will be very soon, thank you & that's a good formula priceless I will have the Wright that down

If anything, I would NOT want PC inside my HP cav or not much of it.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12