RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: confessions of a hippy type coating guy

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’m just taking a guess, but I think he may have been meaning to say boolits not brass.

That made sense to me because not like my .45 cal. Boolits that stand at attention right away my much smaller and longer in ratio 6.5mm were always falling over, most times creating the domino effect. I gave up. I didn’t like the batch processing all on top of each other. Maybe a few flaws don’t make a difference, but it’s just not my thing.

Anyway, I thought he was saying he put the boolits head first into the wood. That made a lot of sense to me. If you had a shallow hole, just enough to help standing the boolits up, the tip of the boolit my not be coated, but that part would never touch the bore. Similar to a soft point jacketed bullet.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Boolit Master
    yup, makes sense to me as thats how I do them. I want perfect bottoms. I started this thread only to say Have fun casting and coating! Life is hard enough with out complicating it more! But to the detailed folk, Have at it! I had all the details I needed years ago when I was into Bench Rest shooting. I like fun now!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12