Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wipe or Blow

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by kokomokid View Post
    Thanks for the great report. How many of those blow tubers will wipe at the Creedmoor match?
    Good question. Most of us have moved to wiping when shooting with our barrels under the hot summer sun like you do in BPTR. However this year the NRA BP Target Rifle Nationals will be held in October at the Whittington Center (Raton, NM) I will be there. My guess is that old habits change hard, and many will wipe. Although, I will bet you a Dunk'n doughnut Dave Gullo will be using the blow tube and so will I AS the cool air and overcast sky's allow.

Don, I agree with all of what you wrote.

Cody, Jack and I won the Iron Sight over-all high 3 rifle team score. It has been a few years since I won it and that was back when Brian Chilson, Mike Patterson and I shot as a team.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resizeDSCN1729.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	225055
    Sorry, just a little braggin'.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Its ain't bragging if it's the truth
    Altho I was disappointed to see that three some didn't have to have a shoot off to determine 1,2 and 3 overall...
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ian45662 View Post
    Does anyone know if a Paper Patch shooter has ever came in the top 10 at least?
    This is the first time in quite a few years where at least one PPB shooter has not been in the top 10 in either BPCR scope or irons or both. Keep in mind, there are VERY few paper patchers. Sometimes only one or two.

Another thing to keep in mind when looking at this year's matches in isolation is that it was pretty humid and cool by Raton Nationals standards.

There has been several shooters finishing in the top 10 or better shooting paper patch at the Quigley with over 600 competitors.

Boolit Mold
    I have been shooting at Friendship for the last two years and have tried both wiping and blowtube. Best advise I got this year is blowtubing is cheaper then buying patches and leaves ya more time to BS between relays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123