Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
ADvertise hereStainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingGraf & Sons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipe or Blow

Boolit Master
    Wipe first then blow.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    Wiping is just as fast as blow tubing, maybe faster if you have your stuff laid out in an orderly fashion, and leaves a much more uniform bore condition than blow tubing no matter what the ambient temperature and humidity. Blowtubing if done properly works very well it takes some effort.
    Don
    I think I have missed something basic here
    Had assumed blow tube was something to assist with grease boolits - most of which dont haul enough lube to do the job in longer barrels and the few that do - you fellers seem to not like because of stability issues at longer ranges. So we come back to grease boolits a bit scanty on lube and 0 1 2 3 breaths through the tube depending on conditions will keep that rifle shooting - ok that fits my picture - been there done it some - it works ok - gotta pay attention to how much .

Had also assumed that a switch to paper patch meant a mandatory switch to cleaning between shots ? did I get that wrong ? are some shooters getting away with a blow tube on PPB loads ? how does that work ? does the load include a grease cookie underneath ? I thought (assumed) the whole point of it was a dry clean bore and zero lead to barrel contact -- somebody mentioned ten puffs through the blow tube between shots ? two things would happen me 1) dribble would run out one or other end of the barrel 2) I couldnt hit the target till my pulse settled back down

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=kokomokid;4409446]I see many new shooters that think they have to get all ten shots for score and rush . Learn to do it correct if you only get 7 or 8 shots and speed will come later. go ahead and shoot a match and see what you need to do to get better organized.

Man that is a hard lesson to take on board ! only the most seasoned shooters can restrain themselves like that in time limit events (they are usually the winners) - its a simple equation 10x2=20 2x10=20 ----so hard to do it !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12