RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder Valley’s new website

Boolit Master
    We’re a bunch of crotchety old men, nobody expects us to like change. That said, i’m Adjusting but so far nothing about the new site offends me.

Banned
    i'm with JimB.

Boolit Master

I can't use my tablet for shopping. Everything is TOO small. I have to wheel into the den & use the desktop.

You guys are right about too much junk on the pages.
    Some Manufacturers websites are even worse.
    RCBS has pictures for about half their molds, and no pictures for special order molds.
    SAECO mold diagrams are so poor you can't even read the numbers.
    How do you buy a mold if you can't see what the bullet looks like.
    I applaud the New Mold Makers. They all put out excellent diagrams. Just one reason why my last two mold purchases have been from N.O.E. & ACCURATE .
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I too am disappointed in the web layout for powder valley. Keep it simple please!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Grand Master

I just now looked at it. Gotta admit I liked the old one better. Guess we'll get used to it.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    simple = quicker to find = faster transaction = happier customer = returning customer

glitz and glitter = harder to locate needed item = more time wasted = frustration on the part of the customer = I'll look elsewhere = loss of business

Not necessarily in reference to the mentioned site, but it does apply to many sites.

It seems like the "young techies" feel a need to make everything glamorous when it comes to designing websites. What really irritates me is when you get on a site and the text is so close to the background that it blends in and you can hardly read it - obviously put together by youngsters who don't realize that many of us have vision issues. On some sites I've visited, you ave to hunt forever to even find contact information such as phone numbers, etc. and not everyone is in to all the other stuff, twitter, Facebook, etc. Communications is "everything" and there is nothing like a good old phone call and a one on one conversation to make sure an item will work. Makes a person wonder what it will be like even ten years from now?

Boolit Grand Master

Powder Valley’s new website

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    simple = quicker to find = faster transaction = happier customer = returning customer

glitz and glitter = harder to locate needed item = more time wasted = frustration on the part of the customer = I'll look elsewhere = loss of business
    This sums it up well. It’s why I order the amount I do from Amazon. Their app is simple and quick to use. I may pay a little more but when I can have an item ordered in about thirty seconds it’s worth it to me. PV already lost one order from not. I’m sure I will order from them in the future. But I already don’t visit sites like Brownells due to cumbersome interfaces.

Boolit Master

Just to stay on topic, I don't care for Powder Valley's new web site either. But like some others have mentioned, there are many sites that are cumbersome, confusing and probably some other things that begin with "c".

I was on such a site today trying to buy tickets to a river boat dinner theater. You had to pick your preferred table, etc. I went thru all the steps and when I tried to enter my personal information, I was informed that I was already in their system. Must have been from 5-10 years ago. I certainly don't remember. Easier to call and do everything on the phone. That went very smoothly. Lady taking care of things mentioned that the website was going away and a new one replacing it. When I said "GOOD"! she laughed. Somehow I doubt that the new site will be any less confusing.
    John
    W.TN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12