RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: Light boolits for 45-70. Mould recommended?

Boolit Buddy

Light boolits for 45-70. Mould recommended?

Anyone with experience with any of these light boolits in lever action rifles? Se pics

I'm thinking of ordering a set from Magmaengeneering or maybe Accuratemolds.com. All good boolits from 300-350 gr are of interest. Feeding reliably in lever action rifles are important and fit and precision in all common rifles. This boolit is for steel knocking and paper punching by the local cowboys at their maches.

What about rifling twist? Is 300 gr a bit on the light side for most rifles or is this ok? Am I better of with a tad heavier like 325?

Thanks

Magma:

Maybe this is a better choice?
    Accuratemolds:

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Last edited by hunter74; 07-08-2018 at 04:21 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    My best light boolit results were with the RCBS 45-325U in the 45-70. The lighter boolits were not quite as accurate. The 458-191 and the RCBS 45-300 did not equal the heavier boolit, at least in the lighter loads I prefer.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I'm A Honcho!
    This one shoots amazing for me in my 1895 guide gun - http://arsenalmolds.com/image/cache/...56-500x500.jpg

I shoot it over a decent charge of Alliant 2400 light crimp in the top lube groove.
    I ladder tested it and as soon as the powder started burning clean my group arrived.
    It shoots clover leafs all day long at 100 yrds.

Boolit Master

I was looking for a light bullet for my 45-70 and decided to get in on this bullet. The coated bullet style casts so easy, the bullets fall out of the mould. I got the gas check so I can push them fast and flat out of my 45-70 and save on a bit of lead.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,2304.0.html

Boolit Master

What rifling form do you have? The Marlin barrels with Microgroove rifling have strong likes and dislikes, and you'll find a lot of posts here on that. Because that is what I have, I have gone with bullets that are quite hard, are about .002" above groove diameter, and have a gas check. I have gone with bullets of this sort in my Microgroove barrel, and had no difficulty.

Banned

Here is the answer if you can wait for the group buy to close. At 15 need 10 more
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...mer-HP-(RERUN)

Boolit Buddy
    Since I'm a comercial caster my greatest need is a bioolit that'll perform well in most lever guns and that's available in blocks for auto casters. When I have decided which boolit accurate molds can make me what I need either for my Mark-X or Bullet Master.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Banned

I would just ask Tom