Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walkers, reasonable priced, July 6, 2018

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

Walkers, reasonable priced, July 6, 2018

I got no interest in this and don't know the fellow, but this sure did look like a good price if'n you was short a Walker or two.
    (I already got a brace of em, myself).

It's on gunbroker and the item is 778774842. It looks like he has 18 of em left, at $269 plus ship.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Bub
    Oh boy. I just bought one, thank you for the heads up.

It seems that it most resembles the 1st Model or variation of the Colt Walker.
    The photo in the ad for the auction shows that it has the oval cylinder cutouts and square back trigger guard.
    Overall it's still a great deal.
    Last edited by arcticap; 07-18-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Boolit Man
    The listing says "SOLD" so I assume they are all gone. Boooo.

Boolit Master

Keep clicking the item relisted takes about 10 refresh by pushing the button and you get to the new listing new item # 5 min ago

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Keep clicking the item relisted takes about 10 refresh by pushing the button and you get to the new listing new item # 5 min ago
    Yes that's how I got mine.

Boolit Man
    New listing is 779288948. It shows 20 available

The Church where I was the Maintenance Super wanted to get rid of two walkers w/brakes & 4 wheels, one with tennis balls on the legs. some crutches about ten years ago and I asked if I could take them home. Since that time I have loaned them to a few people that needed them total time about four years on the ones with wheels. They are here waiting until someone needs them again. We, my wife and I are gaining on the day that we will need them ourselves.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Different context for the term "Walker", the OP's post was about the ones you load with Black Powder, not the ones you lean on. (If you load the latter with BP you must REALLY not like someone!)

A church-related group nearby, "Bridge Ministries", handles such things here; I've turned a few things I found didn't work for me over to them (If I try to use a traditional "small quad cane base" cane - The evil thing trips me and I could end up face down, with a concussion, or worse. I found a $17 rubber foot that pushes onto my cane and that's good enough, it's a little better in that it self-stands usually, it's all I need really. They stock any adaptive gear they can, basically. Could be a group like that by you, if you don't see those used often enough

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Different context for the term "Walker", the OP's post was about the ones you load with Black Powder, not the ones you lean on. (If you load the latter with BP you must REALLY not like someone!)

A church-related group nearby, "Bridge Ministries", handles such things here; I've turned a few things I found didn't work for me over to them (If I try to use a traditional "small quad cane base" cane - The evil thing trips me and I could end up face down, with a concussion, or worse. I found a $17 rubber foot that pushes onto my cane and that's good enough, it's a little better in that it self-stands usually, it's all I need really. They stock any adaptive gear they can, basically. Could be a group like that by you, if you don't see those used often enough
    I recently had cancer and had to have a kidney removed. The rehab was much harder than anyone thought...bottom line I needed a walker. I got one with insurance but when i got home. I found that the place where I live (kind of a senior poor house) had a whole pile of them for the taking. The new ones have hand brakes and seats. I told one woman I would put a motor on that thing. I might.

Hmmm gas or electric motor?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Hmmm gas or electric motor?
    Well I was initially thinking about gas. But now that I reconsider, I don't think it would qualify as a walker if it had a motor. I guess it would be more of a walk-er-ride.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Well Shucks, My mind was on the wrong "Walker". Seems the post could be moved or deleted huh. Sorry about that.Thanks Mr Sheesh

A brace of Walkers on your walker would help you get more dessert in the dining hall......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My wife holding a Walker at the James Julia auction in Maine - not reasonably priced.

Also that brace of Walkers could keep you from NEEDING a Walker!

Boolit Bub
    Received my BP Walker yesterday afternoon. Very nice, fast shipping, as advertised. I am hoping to try it out sometime this weekend.

Boolit Bub
    Gotta say I'm curious. That's about $100 cheaper than Dixie or Cabelas, and that makes me wonder why.
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." --Dr. Johnson

Perhaps he imported them himself or made a deal on overstocks from the maker or a major importer or distributor.

Also, there is not any mention about the production date which can be established by the proof date
    code that's stamped on every assembled pistol that's made in Italy. If they are older stock, the prices
    would not be as high as current production.

There's also volume discounts.

If these were purchased from an outfit that went out of business or moved, that's another possibility.
    There could have been a business auction or a negotiated settlement involving a bankruptcy or a minor fire.
    Someone's loss can often result in another's gain.

Can anyone give the proof mark code that's stamped on the Walker that they bought on Gunbroker?
    Usually it's 2 letters stamped inside of a square box on the side of the frame.
    Last edited by arcticap; 07-14-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast