RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning Warning Warning

Boolit Master
    My wife knows not to toss any of my stuff out but she does make random boxes of my stuff. Mostly cardboard boxes then she puts them in random places, unmarked. I recently found several boxes while cleaning down stairs. She also knows my stuff has value and somethings are not to be sold.

My wife loves to walk around picking up random stuff and putting it in a box which gets stashed someplace.

No rhyme or reason to it, no pattern, there is just no telling.

She is forbidden to enter the reloading casting room without me present.

She is a compulsive cleaner, and I have seen her go through the house getting one room 1/3 to half done then walk into another room for something and carry on in there. Anything left anywhere any any of 4-5 rooms could end up anywhere. And no way of telling where to start looking.

So I just plain told her. Next time you walk off with something of mine, and it disappears. Instead of tearing my hair out in frustration. I am just going to get a hammer and start smashing prettys.

Has not stopped it 100% but it toned it way way down.

Boolit Master

I built a shop about 40 feet from my house. My wife knows not to mess with anything in that building. The house is her domain and I just alter or repair as directed. Leave something out in her kitchen and there is he!! to pay. I have my office in the house and I can do with that as I want but the rest is hers! Works for us but I still lose stuff in the shop and can't blame it on anyone but myself. Yes, Christmas can come any time of the year out in the shop!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Ok I have to vent

Been married almost 35 years

I have most of my sharping equipment in a clear plastic tote. The wife put it someplace. It has my leather strap in it. Today I found my work sharp Ken Onion with one belt. All other belts are missing. We looked for the tote for three days now. The belts are in an envelope that is missing. She says maybe there in the tote

She has been hiding things for 34 yrs.

Now if I could just find my Ruger single six 22 mag cylinder
    You're not alone. Mine will move my stuff and when I ask, "I haven't seen it", is her stock answer. When I find it I'll say something like "I know I would have never put it there". I just get that look! Womens!!!

Boolit Master

47 years I have been married to the same woman. After she had a child she became OCD the disease all of those who do not have it suffer.

I fight back touch our stuff and we touch yours. They are nuts, [non medical] have them get help from their doctor there is some cure or relief. They have know idea what they are doing by the way.

Called tough love by her DR. It is a controllable situation don't control it together and bad stuff can happen up to suicide. We married for better or worse, working with it is the way to go.

She starts in now I move the dresser drawers around, she gets it. Better than arguing about it.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I don't understand any of this.
    My wife knows not to mess with anything in the house that belongs to me.
    95% of what I have in the house is in my den. I do all the cleaning in that room. At any given time, I might have a half dozen books on the desk that I am studying. They are always where I leave them and if they were left open, they stay that way.
    She never touches any of my gun related stuff and she may never have stepped inside my reloading/hobby room since we built it in 2000 or so.
    She does have a bad habit of messing with stuff in the garage...mostly rakes, shovels, etc. She can't seem to ever find a way to put them back where they belong.
    Unfortunately, my son has the same problem.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    As a single guy, all I can do is laugh at all the comments in this thread.
    I stayed single... now where did I put that AR buffer and spring... searched for a month, gave up and bought a new one. I was digging in the gun parts in the safe and it was in a little tote with AK-47 slings... Now I won't have to buy that for the AR I am currently building LOL

Boolit Master
    My wife of 34 years is the queen of rubbermaid totes. Had so many she ended up renting space to keep them in. One year cleaned out the garage. She and her niece just about filled it up so a few years later I told her the totes have to go and that is when she did the renting thing. Must have been at least 35 of the darn things. Now they are scattered all over the house except for the garage. The ones in the garage were covered in dust and other stuff. The plastic bags she had got shredded by mice (think semi rural area) Don't know how many of the huge trash cans over a period of time I filled up. I have two totes. One is for ground corn cob media and the other is crushed walnut media. Wish my local SIL would come and clear out his stuff in the garage. Maybe after I croak. Frank

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    How many clones of my wife are out there anyway? Sounds like everyone is married to one!
    All women are the same, they all come with the same standard equipment and they perform pretty much the same.
    When they are new, shinny (young) and racy you just have to have one. And more times than not they have a ticking sound in their computer, or a rod knocking and you need to get rid of them before you sign the contract. Sometimes you get lucky and everything runs smoothly, especially if you don't redline them. They'll last for many years without blowing up on you.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Me and my wife both have a bad habit of " putting things away " and not remembering where we put them. A few years ago we bought another gun safe to accommodate our growing gun collection. We found 22 handguns hidden in various places in our bedroom, several of which whe had forgotten that that we had bought!!! LOL!!!

Boolit Master
    Reading all this reminds me how lucky I am with my wife. Once in a while she will put something of mine away and I will ask her where it went and she will help me track it down but for the most part she leaves my scattered stuff alone and warns me in advance so I can clear it out. Yes she is an organizer but she is very respectful of my stuff.

She does lay claim to a few of my guns to the extent that they are still mine but just don’t sell those particular ones. My load room in the barn is strictly my space just like I can store my saddle and other tac k in her tack room but on her terms. Fair I would say.

I count myself lucky!

Three44s

Boolit Master
    Mrs. smokeywolf is the most patient, tolerant, thoughtful person I've ever known. With one exception, she is the perfect wife. She hates, abhors, detests, despises cleaning house. To make matters worse, I'm a pack-rat and our house, in spite of being a 4br/2ba house, is smaller than average for the typical suburban SoCal home. In addition to the house being too small for our stuff, the shop/garage which has not had a vehicle parked in it for nearly 20 years is nowhere near big enough for the machinery and tooling I have.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Yea . . . the the worst thing is when YOU get yourself organized, YOU put your "treasures" so YOU know "exactly where they are" . . . . .and then you forget where you put them.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    DCP,

You know it will be in the last place you look.

I found a pair of shoes last week that I bought 2 pair of 10 years ago that my wife stored for me so when the first pair wore out I would have a second. Well she did a good job like Christmas in July, but I'll keep her around.
    Nope it was the first and last place we looked

Update:

I cant look for very long my back will cramp up
    Soooooo

About 9 pm last night I hear oh for heavens sakes! I found it. (me) Where was is. (her) On the table in the back room. (me) That's where I told you it was. (her) I wasn't looking very good the 1st time I looked (me)You got to be kidding me. Now there not enough room here for what happens next but here is the real short version. (her) You're just never happy, are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last my Ken Onion belts weren't in the box
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    anything my wife moves she knows right where they are for ever .the things i will never see again are things i put somewhere so i wount loose them!

My wife moves things without knowing what they are. When I ask "Where is my gizmo?" she replies "I don't know. I don't know what a gizmo is."

Boolit Grand Master

I knew exactly where to find my hammer when I saw the mayonnaise on the workbench. That was self-inflicted. My wife of 54 years, no longer fixes my mess, but she expects me to keep it to a minimum.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Several years ago I was making handles for two knives i had made. I was using zebra wood scales and found that I was allergic to the dust! I swelled up like a toad and had to have shots and medication to get over the allergy. Then every time I went into my shop it would start again. My Dr. said that all the dust from grinding/sanding the zebra wood would have to be removed as my reaction was getting progressively worse.

My wife removed everything from the shop and cleaned my shop and contents thoroughly. After she put it back I did not find some of my tool, gun parts, etc. until we moved early this year and I had to pack up my shop to move. This was 6 years later! But I’m not gonna complain (at least where she can hear) as I could not have done it.

But if you have a choice don’t let her near your shop. You may never see some stuff again!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Ok I have to vent

Been married almost 35 years

I have most of my sharping equipment in a clear plastic tote. The wife put it someplace. It has my leather strap in it. Today I found my work sharp Ken Onion with one belt. All other belts are missing. We looked for the tote for three days now. The belts are in an envelope that is missing. She says maybe there in the tote

She has been hiding things for 34 yrs.

Now if I could just find my Ruger single six 22 mag cylinder
    I'm still looking for a box of Maypo that disappeared 2yrs ago. I feel your pain
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm still looking for a box of Maypo that disappeared 2yrs ago. I feel your pain
    You think someone ate it, don't you? Hope they enjoy it
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast