Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning Warning Warning

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Warning Warning Warning

Ok I have to vent

Been married almost 35 years

I have most of my sharping equipment in a clear plastic tote. The wife put it someplace. It has my leather strap in it. Today I found my work sharp Ken Onion with one belt. All other belts are missing. We looked for the tote for three days now. The belts are in an envelope that is missing. She says maybe there in the tote

She has been hiding things for 34 yrs.

Now if I could just find my Ruger single six 22 mag cylinder
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Whatever you do, don't ever let your wife clean your garage, workshop or loading room, especially when you're not there.
    She'll throw away everything that "SHE" thinks is no good or worthless. Don't ask me how I know this.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Are you married to my mother? Lol. I tripped over totes for for the first 20 years of my life. Then I moved out. Her garage and my old bedroom are full of them.

The best use I've found for them besides filling with water for expansion tests. Is using them for sledding if you have a big enough one. You don't even need snow! A good steep grassy slope will do.

Ha...a few weeks ago my wife was in my barn with me. I was stacking lead ingots at the time. She said "so that's where you keep all that stuff". I promptly informed her that if I should die...to not just give it away...that there was a few thousand dollars in lead out there. I could see she was completely shocked at the value of the "junk" in my barn. I know when that time comes it won't matter to me what she does with it...but if she can get a good pay off for selling it...that's all the better.

Its hard to teach her that there is value in some of the "junk" that I have. But then again...I suppose it goes both ways with some of her "junk" too.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Oddly enough i always thought my wife would be the cleaner and organizer freak. Nope i am. She will cram random things in places about as bad a 3year old. Ever thing has to have home, i hate searching. I will even label things so i know whats in the drawer.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

DCP,

You know it will be in the last place you look.

I found a pair of shoes last week that I bought 2 pair of 10 years ago that my wife stored for me so when the first pair wore out I would have a second. Well she did a good job like Christmas in July, but I'll keep her around.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

redhawkO; I'm just terrible at saving money but stock pilling "Junk" comes naturally. As I have no wife, I have instructed my daughter in the use of our Swapping and Selling threads here @ Boolits so when the time comes she will be able to get the junk to a new home where it will be appreciated and score a few dollars to boot. "Stay Tuned" LOL Gp

Boolit Master
    I feel for you. Mine does that too. If we did that to them hoo boy.
    Fact is, I don’t care what she has or what she does with it. Just wish she’d leave mine alone.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    You can't train 'em to leave your stuff alone. And you can't train 'em to put it where it goes. But you can train 'em to chuck all your stuff in one spot. I trained mine to pile it on my side of the bed. I have a pretty good success rate. More than half the items she swipes, end up there. No training is flawless. Some of you may do better. Experiment a little.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bet if the replacement comes out of her money the problem would go away.

Boolit Master
    I’ve taken to locking my tool chest when I travel for work. The tools she needs are hanging on the wall, but when she misplaces one, or it’s just not handy, she’ll dig into mine. I don’t care if she uses her screwdriver to pry open a can of paint, or her monkey wrench to bang the daylights out of something, but please stay out of my gunsmithing or woodworking screwdrivers and don’t even think about what you might do with a torque wrench. What goes missing most, tape measures, I’m up to 5 or 6 on her wall, but still she grabs the one from the top drawer of my chest.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    The 1st month we were married I am working on a broken coffee maker on the kitchen table. I needed a Philips screwdriver. I went downstairs for 3 minutes. I came back upstairs and the coffee makers is gone. Screws and small parts are in three cups in the kitchen cabinets and the coffee maker in a box put away
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Most of our 64 years together worked like this. Should the need come to dismantle something with intricate pieces laid out in order on one end of the kitchen table protected with butcher paper, they were never touched by her. Two years ago she lost her electrolytes and memory from being dosed with diuretics. I was assured that she would get back to where she was before but it would take a long time. Now she doesn't quite remember where something belongs and puts it away anyway. I spend a lot of time just looking for things that are presently needed, mostly cooking utensils. At present I am missing a pair of dress shoes and who knows what else. She is beginning to argue a little bit with me and I can tell she is getting better.
    I told my two sons that when we pass to our rewards to to put a roll-off dumpster in the yard and let the girls clean out the shop and the men clean out the house and they would get finished sooner. Of course that would never happen, both boys have learned most of my hobby skills and they need the tools, reloading equipment, etc. Just finished a knife making class for two friends three to four hours each time on Saturday morning at no charge. Some of their (not there)lol friends are finding out and wanting to come to knife making class , but now it will not be free.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    The 1st month we were married I am working on a broken coffee maker on the kitchen table. I needed a Philips screwdriver. I went downstairs for 3 minutes. I came back upstairs and the coffee makers is gone. Screws and small parts are in three cups in the kitchen cabinets and the coffee maker in a box put away
    Thats almost like what happened to my brother when we were kids.
    He got a rabbit from the neighbor and on the second or third day he took it out of the hutch to let him hop around the yard. He went to get some pellets for the bunny to eat. He came out of the shed with a contianer of feed the bunny were gone. He asked me where it went and I pointed up into the sky where a hawk was flying off with his bunny in tow.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    That's what we call a warning sign.

I'm a firm believer that everyone should have their own personal space where NO ONE touches your stuff.

Boolit Master
    What is there in a women's DNA that makes them hate to see a gun magazine on a coffee table more than on day? My sweetheart of 60 years is a house cleaning wonder. Once, a few years ago she was cleaning with the vacuum and decided, without asking me, to clean the screen on my computer's CRT. The next time I turned it on the screen was various shades of purple. Fortunately our daughter had a spare.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

My wife recently decided she'd toss out some "empty" boxes from my gun room, I still can't find that new AR lower receiver!
    Everything has a place and everything should be in it's place, unfortunately that place is wherever is handy and the thing will fit. Never is anything in the same place twice, after 42 years I've become used to it.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

What I don't understand (and she has yet to explain) why is it that my reloading manual, a scratch pad with pencil and laptop are "making a mess" of the living room. Her 5 magazines, 4 recipe printed from the internet, kindle, two purses, gym bag, extra shoes, lotion, a tote of dance stuff can take up permanent residency and that isn't a problem?

I have 3 full length shovels and 2 shorter spades. All purchased with me grumbling if you put it where it can't be found and don't know where that is then it doesn't matter that we own one we don't have one! In this same spirit Harbor Freight free tape measures are all that stands between my good Lufkin and oblivion.

I think we could well go in the books with a world record for storing batteries in the most possible locations per sq. ft. of house. One plastic bin, they would all fit in that one plastic bin, then I wouldn't have to go buy more while in a drawer with kitchen towels a half pack of them goes bad.

Stuff of mine goes downstairs in a storage room, in the guest bedroom closet, in the garage, or on the basement loading bench or in that general area. Most of the time in plastic grocery bags so I can't see what is in there. At one time we had a bin in the laundry room, if it was mine and she wanted to move it then it went in that bin. Darn near broke my neck tripping over it when she put it in front of the side door of the garage while straightening the laundry room!

I explained about the lead being worth money so don't just trash it or take it to the scrap yard if I die. Her response? Well if it is worth money why don't you sell it now? Frankly it is probably a good thing the dog can bark or they would probably starve in whatever closet or drawer she stashed them in. It is the eternal struggle between organized and neat. I want it where I think it belongs (organized) she just wants it out of sight (neat).
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Moderator Emeritus

As a single guy, all I can do is laugh at all the comments in this thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    How many clones of my wife are out there anyway? Sounds like everyone is married to one!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast