Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Wideners

Thread: Navy Arms HENRY 24" barrel in 44-40

Banned

Navy Arms HENRY 24" barrel in 44-40

Navy Arms Henry lever action rifle with a 24.25" barrel chambered in 44-40

She's a beauty 1400$ plus shipping OBO
    best offer nobody wants this ???????????????????????????????????????
    Attachment 224376Attachment 224377Attachment 224378Attachment 224379Attachment 224380Attachment 224381Attachment 224382Attachment 224383Attachment 224384Attachment 224385
    Last edited by Discus420; 08-03-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Banned
    more pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large-160908.0_13.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	224386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large-160908.0_15.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	224387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large-160908.0_16.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	224388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large-160908.0_9.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	224389

Boolit Master
    Is that rust on the muzzle?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by edp2k View Post
    Is that rust on the muzzle?
    The gun is in perfect shape the brass can be high polished but some folks prefer the patina of old brass this was made in the USA the only Henry made along with the civil war guns of course made in the US..........
    No its not rust you have never seen a plumb coloring on guns??? pretty common on older guns Here is a pic of a WW2 Walther I have with plumb parts had to do with the old school Blueing or hardening also a pick of a K98 same thingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1002.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	224569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	224570

Boolit Master
    On the face of the muzzle ring there is a large spot of rust.
    It is not "plumb coloring", as "plumb coloring" would be on the whole part,
    not a spot with the rest of the part being true blue.

Navy arms imported Italian made guns and did not manufacture the Henry itself.
    Can you post a pic of the proofmarks and all barrel and frame markings?

Boolit Master

I think he is referring to this - am intersted as well. And it may just wipe off.

Attachment 224594

And here...
    Attachment 224595
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by edp2k View Post
    On the face of the muzzle ring there is a large spot of rust.
    It is not "plumb coloring", as "plumb coloring" would be on the whole part,
    not a spot with the rest of the part being true blue.

Navy arms imported Italian made guns and did not manufacture the Henry itself.
    Can you post a pic of the proofmarks and all barrel and frame markings?
    Proof-marks are on the Italian made Henry's not on the US made Henry's

"Navy arms imported Italian made guns and did not manufacture the Henry itself."

This is absolutely incorrect. they are rare only a few thousand made!! here is a link to how the Navy Arms Henry was made
    https://44henryrifle.webs.com/additionalhenryinfo.htm

quoted from the link website:
    Today reproduction Henry rifles are made by Uberti in Italy and imported into the United States. As of this date they are the only company that manufacture the Henry rifle. However that was not the case back in the late 1970s and into the early 1980s. Navy Arms manufactured the first reproduction Henry rifles. These were manufactured in the United States, not Italy. These are truly American made Henry rifles as were the originals which were produced by the New Haven Arms Company which later became Winchester Firearms. In an e-mail dated June 7, 1999 Val Forgett, president and founder of Navy Arms, confirmed this to me stating “yes the first Henrys were made in the United States-manufacturing was then moved to Italy by Uberti.” Navy Arms produced a limited edition of 50 Henry rifles marked .44 RF. These Henrys had the correct two-prong firing pin and were rim fire. I have been able to look at one of these Henrys. The owner of this Henry purchased a center-fire bolt and replaced the rim fire bolt and began shooting his with .44-40 ammunition and blanks. There was also another limited edition of 500 Henry rifles as well as a limited edition of 1000 Henry carbines with a 22 inch barrel. All of these were chambered for the .44-40 cartridge. I have been told by others that there were a couple of other limited edition runs of Henrys by Navy Arms. Navy Arms manufactured Henrys likely number less than 3000. The Navy Arms Henrys are also different from the Uberti manufactured Henrys. The carriers will not interchange. The side plates of the Navy Arms Henry are held on by two screws while Uberti only uses one screw. The trigger spring on the Navy Arms is an internal two-prong trigger and safety spring while the Uberti Henry has an external trigger spring. The Navy Arms Henry does not have the magazine lock to prevent the magazine from just being twisted open and ruining the magazine spring. The Navy Arms Henry and the Uberti Henry are indeed two completely different guns. The cost of Henrys sure has skyrocketed. The current retail price, as of this writing, for an Uberti Henry is between $1100 and $1200. The retail price for the reproduction Henrys when they were first introduced by Navy Arms was $500
    Last edited by Discus420; 07-28-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    I think he is referring to this - am intersted as well. And it may just wipe off.

Attachment 224594

And here...
    Attachment 224595
    I will clean it up and repost the pics next week when I get home

Banned
    This forum post explains the difference in the U.S. made Henry's and the Italian made Henry's. Mine was made in the USA. Not very many were made.........

None of this post was mine but it is very informative:

Navy Arms Henry 1860 US Made not Uberti
    https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...ade-not-Uberti