Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: I finnaly scored!!

Boolit Master

I finnaly scored!!

Went to drop off my unservicable brass at the scrap yard. Noramlly when I buy wheel weights the head momma san rushes me and is short clipped. I dont know the owners name but she is a short, strict, and short clipped speaking asian lady that everyone calls momma. Its .60 cents a pound and she doesnt give me a chance to sort because she rushes me. Haven't been there in a while and my stores are drying up and needed to make a deal.

Well i showed up a few minutes after they opened. Momma wasnt there (she is the owner), but a new guy and the owners son was there. I asked for lead and new guy tried to give me the sheat lead and i showed him what i wanted and where it was. Low and behold a buck full of tractor weights looked sorted. Carried them to the scale dumped them out. New guy says those arent lead. So i sorted them right fast (only 5 zinkers in it, rest all lead). Came out to 50 pounds and the owners son said i could get another 26 pounds to break even. So i grabbed another bucket and they let me sort them. Got through about third of a 5 gallon bucket sorted to get that last 26 pounds.

Needless to say i am happy and it was finnaly my turn to score. 30 bucks cash, 16 pounds of brass for 16 bucks, an hour and half of my time to sort on site, and it gave me 76 pounds of COWW at .60 a pound. I had 5.6 pounds all ready in the bucket i got for free.

Pay day needs to come or i need to donate some plasma so i can hurry back and beat momma to work.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Buddy
    That's awesome! You gotta beat the old mamma san to work more often!

Boolit Grand Master

Good Score! It sounds like you need to make friends with the Son. Maybe that will carry over to Momma. I wish the scrap yards around here would still sell to the public!

Boolit Master

Only one will resell to the public. There are 8 metal scrap yards around me. I called them all. They buy the mixed wheel waits for .10 a pound and resell for .60 a pound. I want to get a job with them sorting their wheel weights. I will work for lead. I would even clean out bullet traps for lead. One day out of every weekend, 8 hour day @ 10 bucks an hour. That's about 100 lbs of lead.
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Bub
    I just bought 23lbs of lead plumbing pipe and fittings, all clean for $9.00 that with some scraps i had total about 40lbs will be my first get my feet wet ingot making session.
    I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
    I just bought 23lbs of lead plumbing pipe and fittings, all clean for $9.00 that with some scraps i had total about 40lbs will be my first get my feet wet ingot making session.
    That's awesome!

I just paid .65 a lb for what appeared to be mostly COWWs. The bucket was clean, and the weights were too. He also threw on about a 5lb pure lead dive weight.
    I too turned in some brass, and assorted metals and ended up with 154lbs ~ for $40 total investment.

Should yield upwards of 100lbs of ingots.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ikarus1 View Post
    I just paid .65 a lb for what appeared to be mostly COWWs. The bucket was clean, and the weights were too. He also threw on about a 5lb pure lead dive weight.
    I too turned in some brass, and assorted metals and ended up with 154lbs ~ for $40 total investment.

Should yield upwards of 100lbs of ingots.
    it feels good to recycle... Good score

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~