WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon Testimony

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    Got a 300 in 1981. I have three. They still have a few parts. Only thing I've broke was the insert for the shell plate bolt. They have upgraded my 550 and 650 twice for free.

Greg
    Greg, I bought an RL-300 in 1981, as well! I set it up to reload .45 ACP cases with an H&G 68 boolit and 5.4 gr. of WW-231. Other than occasional cleaning, those dies stayed set up until 2012 when I bought a 9mm pistol. The Dillon powder measure never moved, during all of those 10s of thousands of cycles that carried me through over a decade of various action pistol matches plus another couple decades of regular informal shooting.

I now have a 550 mounted about 24" from it so it's easy to compare the beefiness of the 300 compared to the newer 550. I doubt that my grandsons will ever wear out those massive twin pillars on the 300!
    Semper Fi, Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Bub
    I hd one incident happen while shipping a press. Dillon heard the seller and I out and offered to fix the press. We only had to pay for shipping to Dillon, which I thought was an extremely reasonable request. I’ll be keeping blue presses on my bench for the foreseeable forever!

Boolit Buddy
    I have 550 and 650 - great machines. The only Dillon product I’m not happy with is their primer filler - regardless of my multiple attempts to adjust it still flips primers occasionally, so “time savings” usually turns out to wasted time and primers when I have to disassemble rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I swear by Dillon. I have 2 Dillon 1050s with the Ammobot autodrives (of which i started a group for) and they run all day every day like champs! I will probably acquire 2 more in the next 6 months as my buddy is selling off 4 more of them.

Side note, also a huge fan of the Case Pro 100.
    ADAM HERBERGER

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club Member

Boolit Bub
    I swear by Dillon. I have 2 Dillon 1050s with the Ammobot autodrives (of which i started a group for) and they run all day every day like champs! I will probably acquire 2 more in the next 6 months as my buddy is selling off 4 more of them.

Side note, also a huge fan of the Case Pro 100.
    ADAM HERBERGER

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club Member

Hi. I am writing from España.
    about 7 years ago I bought a dillon 550 second hand that until now is working perfectly, was built on the 90. About two years ago I put myself in contact with the factory in the USA to ask for some spare parts to have them in case of breakage and offering me pay them if necessary. Very kindly they offered to send them without charge, I just had to pay the $ 15 that the shipping cost. In Spain, this customer service is unthinkable, nobody offers it. Here you have to pay for everything and twice the cost at least, for this I can only congratulate the people of Dillon for the service they offer and their good way of working. The only thing I want is that someday we can buy in a serious official dealer recharge equipment, of course of this brand or any other that is so good, at reasonable prices and with the after sales service that you enjoy in your country. Thanks to dillon and to you for reading this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12