RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rcbs rockchucker question

Boolit Bub

Rcbs rockchucker question

CAN anybody tell me the exact differences between a rockchucker and a rockchucker supreme. lastly is a plain rockchucker in e/c worth 50.00 delivered - no accessories. I know there both single stage presses.
    I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16

Boolit Buddy
    I think the 'Supreme' has more clearance ,,the frame is taller so to speak so you can reload some of the longer length cartridges a bit easier.

I just bought a used RC press for $50 at a gun show.
    Shows use but no abuse. Nothing came with it except the plastic spent primer try and the L & S primer seating stems.
    Just unbolted from a bench and put out for sale.
    I thought it was a good deal

A gently used Rockchucker is worth every bit of $50.00, and probably more. Besides, it has a lifetime warranty, and if something happens to it, RCBS will either repair or replace it for free. I have no experience with the Rockchucker Supreme, but lots and lots of experience with the standard Rockchucker.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy

The Supreme has a totally different priming system, and will not accept the system from an older Rockchucker. Also the spent primer removal is different, but it still doesn’t work great.
    L.E.C.

Boolit Bub
    ITS supposed to be delivered at 6pm tomarrow. I was hopeing I didn't goof up. thanks guys.

Boolit Master

That's a pretty good deal. My girlfriend bought my RockChucker 45yrs ago for $32. I did get a tube of case sizing Lube with it though.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned
    You'll find a rock chucker on A LOT of reloading benches. I use mine for case conversions and rifle boolit seating.

Boolit Grand Master
    $50 is a great price. I paid $75 for a used one and was pleased.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Been going for $75 to $100 around here.
    I have two on my bench, one I got used 35 years ago, the other one is about the same age.

I've got a used RC on my bench that I use for larger pistol calibers and the few rifle calibers I load for. When leverage counts, the RC is your friend. It is a beast of a press compared to my Lee breach-lock or my RC Jr.

Been using my RC for 30 years...bought it new as a reloading kit for $165....$50 for a used one is a great price...Its a workhorse for sure. What I really want is another cheap press just for crimping with my Lee Factory Crimp dies after the seating operation is completed. I'll get there someday. But for now...its not essential.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    I bought a used rc jr about a year ago. got it setup for 380 / 9mm

Boolit Bub
    well the fella shows up with the r/c, early model with bike straight up arm, no problem. press looks good so I handed him the agreed 50 bucks and he leaves. about 30 minutes goes by and he calls me. said I only gave him 50 and I said yes that's what we agreed on. he says no its 80, I said bring my money back and you can have the press back no problem or hard feelings. he gets quiet then I realize he,s trying to run a scam. I then got to looking in detail and noticed all the primer seater stuff was missing, that did it for me bring my money back and get your press. when he shows up he doesn't look me in the eyes and I get that gut ohh poop feeling. I was in my wheel chair backed up to my glass porch door, had my g42 in my waist band but didn't need to show or deploy it because sam , dave , joe and Sadie was looking thru the glass at him.. you should have seen his face. 4 gsd gave his scam a attitude adjustment. lesson don't mess with a old army guy who has 4 gsd that sleep with him every night since they was born...... he he

Great price. The Rockchucker is virtually bulletproof and a workhorse on many reloading benches for many years.

Boolit Master

Glad it all worked out for you. Too bad though you couldn't have gotten it for the $50.

I much prefer the older RCs. I bought a Supreme, liking the added height. The priming system sucks. The depriming systems sucks worse. So I sold it and bought another old one. The early ones rock!

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the RC Supreme made in China? I have the RCII and see no need to own a Supreme from what I've heard about them.

Boolit Grand Master

Too bad your deal didn't work out. Glad the return was uneventful too!

Boolit Master
    I hope his recon convinced him not to return when you're not home.

Boolit Bub
    at least 3 of my boys are always home

Boolit Master
    I have a Rock Chucker Supreme.It's still in the box.I'll have to look at it.As far as I know it's made in the US.I have an older Rock Chucker as well but I mostly use a Ammo Master single stage for most of my reloading.The items that RCBS and Lyman have made overseas are casting furnaces and various items with electronics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast