WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I just being petty?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Wasn’t being intentionally vague, this was purchased directly from Magma.

Just got the following:

Hi Jim,

That is a new heated base. All of the heated bases on the shelf look like that. They get scratched when the metal is being cut down and machined. There is not much that we can do to keep them from getting scratched. Most times the metal comes that way when we purchase it. If you want to return it to me, I can send you another one.

Best Regards,
    Elisabeth

Really very surprised that they make such a mess of things for such a simple setup. Do all of their products show this level of sloppiness?
    I don't think this is true, the drill holes do not look clean, even if the scratches and dings are made during the manufacturing process, the drill holes would be clean. I'd ask for a new one.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

If that's what their product looks like when it is new, they need to fire whoever is in charge of quality control.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnover View Post
    if it was offered as a "new" heater that would be one thing but if it was described as "used," the seller had no business charging full msrp. Even "like new" isn't worth full price. They owe you something.
    right!

Boolit Grand Master

You are right in expecting new and unused when you pay for it. Several things stand out here that raise a red flag in my eye, the divot holes don't appear round or square to the plate. several holes have no chamfer breaking the sharp edge ( a no no in manufacturing ). some holes appear to be finished round and with the edge broken so its not sharp. This definitely cries out used unit to me (wether used in in house testing, quality control or a return) this should be sold as a blemish or scratch and dent not new

As to the scratches and gouges these are handling of a used unit or sloppy manufacturering, Many highly polished items are made from like or softer materials with out scratches being present in the parts, its done every day in industry. Scratches and gouges can happen in shipping but the shipping box also shows it usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Agreed, you pay for new, you should get new.
    plus 1 on this. Ya paid for new you should get new.
    Last edited by Minerat; 07-06-2018 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Answered my own question.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Want to thank everyone for their support, but I have decided to throw in the towel. It’ll cost me $20 and half an hour to ship it back, and then I either get a refund and build one, or I get another that may be better or worse. Instead of spending that half hour to ship it I can chamfer the holes that need it, cleanup the threading, and even refinish the surfaces if I want.

I’ve only heard good things about Magma, but either their production and QC has recently become abysmal or they lied to me. Either way, I gave them a chance to step up and they passed. At least I have her email saying that it was new, so hopefully that will help should any warranty issues arise. Other than maybe someday needing my sizer rebuilt, this will likely be the last time I’ll deal with them. It is unfortunate, but I’ve decided to move on.

Ya’ll have a great evening,
    Jim

Boolit Master
    I bought a television from a big storechain,when I unpacked it,.......it didnt work.......On a close look,it had been mounted by a rear bracket,and marks on the hard plastic....It was obviously used....So ,I took it back to the store.........and the young people there are acting like I was trying to con them....."straight from the bulkstore",the 20 something manager says,couldnt possibly be used.........anyhoo,I demand another one,and unpack and check it carefully,before leaving....New set,after two 20 mile trips,not one....It looks to me someone in the store is conducting a scam,possibly swapping hotel or apartment sets for new,as the box was carefully packed,no torn or cut plastic,or any indication of opening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12