WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Redding 2400 Micrometer Case Trimmer

Redding 2400 Micrometer Case Trimmer

I recently acquired a Brand New Redding 2400. Been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot about them. Seems like you either love them or hate them. Never used one myself but am thinking seriously about keeping it. If you own one or have owned one let me know what you think of it. PLEASE Would like to hear from the lovers & the haters both. All opinions welcome
    Thanks in advance
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Master

I don't have one. I started with a Rcbs one. Chewed up quite a few cases with it. I found it to be incredibly easy to create unsquare cases. Didn't take long to seek alternative solution wrecking some Lupua brass. Bought a Wilson trimmer and life has been good. There are other cheeper solutions out there, and there are faster solutions out there. I doubt I will ever check them out as I really am satisfied with the Wilson. Should you find the Redding not what you are looking for read up on Wilson. Just to be fair to Rcbs, I am positive they would have made it right had I contacted them about it. As would Redding would with the 2400. Redding is a fantastic company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Ruger RedHawk 357 Mag 44 Mag GP100 Davidson Exclusive 5" Security Six 2 3/4", Speed Six 4"
    Smith Wesson 629 PP and 686 PP, 617

Boolit Master

I have one Wilson trimmer and 5 C&H trimmers. I have one Forster. I have one for each rifle I own. I have found that the collet trimmers "can" trim cases that are not square but that is almost always operator error---not getting the case set in the collet flat against the collet and not keeping the collet clean. Both errors were my own. I really like the C&H because they work the same as the Wilson but are a whole lot cheaper. I have found that the case holders will also interchange. They all work but with the collet types, a little more care is necessary. my experience anyway, james