Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTS: 308 brass - K Frame Holsters & Grips - ML Bullets - Misc

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

WTS: 308 brass - K Frame Holsters & Grips - ML Bullets - Misc

My wife and I have “downsized” and as a result, I’ve sold some of my guns and consolidated some of the calibers I’m reloading, etc. So, it is time to get rid of some of my “accumulation” that I no longer need.

Please post an “I’ll take it” and then PM me with your shipping address and I will return the PM with my payment information.

Preferred payment method is by PayPal – friend/family or add 4% to cover their fees.

Prices shown for items include shipping. For items that are not being shipped in a flat rate box (items 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9), if you are in Alaska or Hawaii, please contact me with your shipping address and I can send you the total price for shipping retail ground rate and/or frb if that is cheaper.

Please see photos.

Items for sale are:

1. 177 pieces of PPU head stamp 308 Winchester brass. I purchased this from a member here several years ago as I was going to get a .308 rifle – I never got one and have no need for one now as I have decided to go a different caliber. These were purchased as “1X fired”. They were de-primed and polished by the seller and they look nice. They are all set to re-size, prime and load. Price: $45.00 shipped.

2. 99 pieces of R-P head stamp 308 Winchester brass. I purchased this from a member on here as well. It was purchased as “1 X fired”. It was fired but not cleaned or de-primed. Price: $24.00 shipped.

3. SPF to beezapilot New Old Stock Right Hand “Don Hume” holster for a Smith & Wesson K frame with a 6 inch barrel. This is a heavy duty holster with a sewn in toe. The belt loop cants the holster forward for an easy draw. It is dark brown and has a nice basket-weave stamping to the pouch and belt loop. I bought this to use with my S & W K frame 6” Target Model but I never used it. I have sold the revolver and don’t have another 6” K frame. Price: $45.00 shipped.

4. New Old Stock Right hand “Don Hume” holster for a Smith & Wesson K frame with a 4 inch barrel. It is a heavy duty leather holster that is black in color – smooth with no tooled design. It has a thumb-break strap. I purchase this to use with my S & W K frame “Combat Masterpiece” but the profile of the hammer on my CM would not allow the thumb-break strap to snap. Looking at the hammer on my older S & W M & P K frame, it should work with no issue with the standard profile hammer and possibly with other makes of revolves of similar size. Price: $40.00 shipped.

5. SOLD pending funds to IdahoanUsed but like new Fobus Right Hand OWB paddle holster for a Smith & Wesson K frame with a 4 inch barrel. It is marked “L-K-4” so I assume it could be used with L frame S & Ws as well. It could probably be used with shorter and longer barreled K frames as well but the longer than 4 inch barrels would extend out of the holster. I used this when I carried my S & W Combat Masterpiece several times as a CC carry under a light jacket. I use Fobus holsters like this for several other handguns I CC. They are easy to put on and take off, lightweight, have good retention but allow for an easy draw if necessary. Price $20.00 shipped.

6. 20 (1 Package) of .45 Caliber Hollow Point “Power Belt Bullets” for a .45 Caliber muzzleloading rifle. This package contains 5 rows of 4 bullets in each row for a total of 20 bullets. The printing on the package says it is the “#1 selling muzzleloading bullet in America”. These came with a .45 caliber muzzleloading rifle I purchased a couple of years ago and evidently the seller never used them. I don’t hunt anymore but I still shoot traditional round ball. An instruction sheet comes in the package. I checked MidwayUSA and they show them as being 225 grain hollow point bullets. They show a package of 15 (not 20 as in this package) and it retails for $19.95 + shipping. If you use them or want to try them, here is where you can get them cheaper! Price: $15.00 shipped.

7. One set of “Pachmayr” Grips for a Square Butt Smith & Wesson K frame revolver with grip screw. Like new. Price: $20.00 shipped

8. Two (2) vintage Jay Scott faux stag grip panel sets for a square butt frame. This includes one set (top set) without the grip screw. I tried this set on my old M & P K frame and they were a little larger than the frame so I am assuming they are for a “N” frame ? The inside of the grips are not marked but construction/quality is identical to other vintage Jay Scott grips that I have. In very nice condition. The second set of grips (bottom set) are for a standard Smith & Wesson K frame – Square Butt - and they include the grip screw. They fit my K frame M & P perfectly. Both are very nice vintage sets of faux stag grips and would look nice on any vintage S & W revolver that they fit. Our local small town policeman used to carry a Model 10 K frame with a pair of these Jay Scott grips back when I was a kid in the late 1950s/early 1960s. Two pairs of nice grips for one money. Price: $40.00 shipped.

9. SPF to RockydogThis is a device for making “hollow point” rounds out of loaded lead bullet 38/357 ammo. I have had this laying in my reloading tool chest for a long time and I don’t even remember where it came from. I have never used it as I have no need for hollow points for the shooting I do. It is a two piece steel device. One piece is counter bored for a 38 cartridge casing size (NOT 38 Smith & Wesson but rather 38 Special). The remaining stock above the counter bore is center bored to guide the drill bit that is attached in to the second piece and held in place with a set screw that allows you to set to the depth the hollow point that you want. The loaded cartridge is slid in to the first piece and then the drill bit is slid in to the hole bored for it that is centered on the nose of the bullet. You then hand rotate the piece with the drill bit attached in it to drill the “hollow point”. A clever little device but I have never tried it. I suppose you could also use the piece that is counter bored for the cartridge to set it on a flat surface on a drill press and then set your drilling depth to make them on a drill press. I believe this was probably made for using on 38 Special but since that cartridge is the same diameter dimensions as a 38 Colt Short, Long, 357 Magnum and 357 Max it could be used with those as well? I have inserted an empty 38 Special casing in the one photo to show where the loaded cartridge is inserted to drill the hollow point and next to it in the others for size comparison. I have no idea who made these but the idea is clever and it will probably work well for making hollow points for hunting, etc. I have no idea how old this is. Price: $15.00 shipped.

Thank you for looking!
    Last edited by bedbugbilly; 07-23-2018 at 03:16 PM.

More photos

More photos of listed items

I'm not a PayPal kind of guy, if you will take a check- I'd like to buy number 3. K frame 6" holster.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

I will take number 9. The .38 hollow pointer.
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

beezapilot - I'll mark #3 SPF - PM inbound to you with information. Thank you.

Rockydog - Thank you! PM sent with payment info.

Rockydog - your item went out in the mail this morning and I PM'd the tracking number to you. Many thanks!

Jim

beezapilot - pmt received and your holster went out in the mail today - PM sent with tracking - thank you!

Some nice items still left! Bump to the top.

Saturday bump . . . .

Boolit Bub
    North Idaho, Where The Deep Forest Meets The Blue Lakes
    I will take #5, pm coming
    Calling a criminal invader an "illegal immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Idahoan - thank you sir! I just PM'd you with my information - actually sent you 3 PMs as I didn't see that you had posted the "I'll take it" - one to ask you to do so and one to let you know It's been a long day and I didn't see your post - duh! Will have it all packed and ready to go. Thank you again! Jim

Idahoan - your payment received and your holster shipped today - PM sent to notify you of the tracking number.

Many thanks.

Mods - please close