Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Do not fret— it only causes harm. PSALM 37:8
    Fretting means getting ourselves “out of joint” mentally or spiritually. It is one thing to say, “Do not fret,” but something very different to have such a nature that you find yourself unable to fret. It’s easy to say, “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him” (Psalm 37:7) until our own little world is turned upside down and we are forced to live in confusion and agony like so many other people. Is it possible to “rest in the Lord” then? If this “Do not” doesn’t work there, then it will not work anywhere. This “Do not” must work during our days of difficulty and uncertainty, as well as our peaceful days, or it will never work. And if it will not work in your particular case, it will not work for anyone else. Resting in the Lord is not dependent on your external circumstances at all, but on your relationship with God Himself.
    Worrying always results in sin. We tend to think that a little anxiety and worry are simply an indication of how wise we really are, yet it is actually a much better indication of just how wicked we are. Fretting rises from our determination to have our own way. Our Lord never worried and was never anxious, because His purpose was never to accomplish His own plans but to fulfill God’s plans. Fretting is wickedness for a child of God.
    Have you been propping up that foolish soul of yours with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God to handle? Set all your opinions and speculations aside and “abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (Psalm 91:1). Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about whatever concerns you. All our fretting and worrying is caused by planning without God
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

God can handle the problem...we just have to learn to allow Him to help us....thanks Ronnie....Have a blessed Independence Day! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Wow, first thing I clicked on this morning and went right into my heart. Thank you for this message.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, And thank you for a great much needed lesson.

Boolit Grand Master

Worry is, almost by definition, a focus on what we cannot change. It I can change it I don't worry about it, I go out and do it. If we worry about what we cannot change we are worrying about that which is within God's provenance, not ours. In essence we are trying to be God. It doesn't work. However, if I'm worried about something I care enough to not simply let it go.

My advise is to make that worry a matter of specific prayer, confessing my concern and my inability to do what is important to me, and then tell God that I'm going to watch and see what He does about it. This keeps me involved - I'm not 'putting it away' as it were, and when God does act it increases my faith as I see His involvement in my life.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Ah! One of the most difficult passages to follow in the whole Bible! We typically and characteristically want what WE want, and if and when we don't get it, we fret, and complain and whine and whimper and feel sorry for ourselves. What a waste of time and effort and tears! None of those things will deal effectively with any type of problem we happen to be facing at any time, and what's more, who are WE to think we DESERVE only to get what WE want? If we got that, we'd be the sorriest bunch that this world could ever allow! It's only when we're challenged that we HAVE to buck up, realize how richly we've been blessed, and demonstrate to ourselves and anyone else who's watching us, that even in adversity, we CAN act like and BE real Christians. Adversity makes us better ..... IF we'll but simply LET it be so!

We often need a little "attitude adjustment," and challenges are one way God has to provide us with that very necessary and desirable trait. Thank God for our "problems!" They keep our attitudes adjusted, keep us humble, keep us mindful of our rightful place in this Creation, and make us get better and better, the more of them we overcome. God always knows EXACTLY what He's doing! ALWAYS!

Boolit Grand Master

Years ago I came to the conclusion that most of what I want is sinful.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!