Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good time for ar15 fans

Banned

good time for ar15 fans

Put together a complete lower for a 150 bucks and just ordered a complete upper from palemetto with a bolt control group for 220 shipped. 370 bucks for a new AR. Already have 7 of them but promised my son in law that if he drove here for vacations next summer instead of flying id give him one. But 370 bucks for ANY rifle is dirt cheap. Especially considering an entry level gun 5 years ago would set you back an easy 700. heck a ruger pc carbine will set you back 600 today. bottom line is even if the son in law doesn't lay claim to it its like sticking gold under the bed. At one time or another in the future prices will rise again and they will be tough to find and you can make a few bucks. Last cheap on I built cost me 400 bucks and I sold it at the gunshop for 800 during one of the last buying crazes. Your not making that kind of profit off of gold in 3 years.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice find.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Banned

and gold isn't fun to throw up against steel plates or targets and attracts criminals to your home not protect your home against them. thinking of it another way 15 years ago a entry level ar cost 600 bucks or more factor in cost of living and your getting them for about 200 bucks in 15 years ago terms.

Boolit Master

That is pretty cheap! Mid South has some complete kits minus the stripped lower and rear sight for $370 and $390 and I had thought they were a good price. You got that beat though. Build them up for the portfolio.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 07-12-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

I'll say it again- these are the good old days for AR fans. Buy em cheap and stack em deep. I just put together a lightweight.300 BO for $350 or so.
    We may see $25 stripped lowers soon.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Only thing that keeps me from finishing mine is that nobody, to my knowledge, sells an M16A2 style complete upper for less than what a name brand M4 style complete firearm costs. I'm just not interested in any of the carbine variants. Nothing wrong with them, they just don't tickle my fancy. I have an Anderson lower with A2 stock ready to go whenever I find a decent deal on the upper I want.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Only thing that keeps me from finishing mine is that nobody, to my knowledge, sells an M16A2 style complete upper for less than what a name brand M4 style complete firearm costs. I'm just not interested in any of the carbine variants. Nothing wrong with them, they just don't tickle my fancy. I have an Anderson lower with A2 stock ready to go whenever I find a decent deal on the upper I want.
    Agreed. I would like a 20" 5.56 again but the uppers just aren't there at a decent price.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Agreed. I would like a 20" 5.56 again but the uppers just aren't there at a decent price.
    I picked up one about a year ago I believe from Midway, it had to be on sale or I wouldn't have bought it (I'm cheap) but can't remember how much.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    At Christmas time I paid $69 for a stripped lower locally(tax, shipping and transfer fee included), and $299 for a complete kit minus lower from Palmetto. I've been watching for the right upper with 20" bbl and Wylde chamber for the next one.

Boolit Grand Master

My problem is I like to build them. That means every piece is bought individually. I can’t bring myself to buy an upper if it doesn’t have the hand guard I want. Same for LPKs w/ triggers I will just throw away. So my builds are always more money than the going rate. But I have exactly what I want so it’s not all that bad.

I still have one stripped lower in the safe. Don’t know what I’m going to do w/ it. Last one I built was a 9mm pistol. I did buy a complete upper for that. And apparently it doesn’t like the ALG ACT trigger because I got lots of FTF w/ it. Disappointed to say the least. I keep telling myself I will build a big bore. Maybe I will finally get around to it. Just a matter of finding the right parts and the right price. If it doesn’t use standard non modified mags I’m not interested.

Boolit Grand Master

DPMS $399 with $50 mail in rebate = factory backed AR for $349. Buy em cheap and stack em deep my friends.

Banned

makes you wonder how much profit they made through the years selling them for 700 bucks! It would about be like chev or for having a sale on brand new loaded 4x4 pickups for 20k tomorrow!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    DPMS $399 with $50 mail in rebate = factory backed AR for $349. Buy em cheap and stack em deep my friends.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    makes you wonder how much profit they made through the years selling them for 700 bucks! It would about be like chev or for having a sale on brand new loaded 4x4 pickups for 20k tomorrow!!!
    Yes in deed. The wizzard is out from behind the curtain. I am at around $400 but without chrome lined barrel at that price,
    Last edited by jmort; 07-14-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Osteodoc08 where was the sale on DPMS at?

Vendor Sponsor

what would constitute a light weight 30 caliber AR? I don't care for the 5.56 round, and would look for something with a little better energy than a 300BO.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Ak 47/74

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    what would constitute a light weight 30 caliber AR? I don't care for the 5.56 round, and would look for something with a little better energy than a 300BO.
    Try a 7.62x40 WT, it's about a 30-30 powerwise and made out of 5.56 brass. It's 5mm longer than the .300 Blackout.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LynC2 View Post
    Try a 7.62x40 WT, it's about a 30-30 powerwise and made out of 5.56 brass. It's 5mm longer than the .300 Blackout.
    First I had heard of this cartridge. I am in a cave I guess since it's 7 years old.
    16" SS on sale right now $ 219.99! I am going to have to do some research on why this didn't catch on before ordering a barrel.
    But at this moment...

Moderator Emeritus

I was at LGS and guy mentioned PSA had a sale. Full lower and seperate uppers with free shipping. Combined I paid $350. Bought two. I have a lot of work to do in finishing reloading room and even unpacking still to someday know all the parts I have. Love to have that problem.

Boolit Grand Master

good time for ar15 fans

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    I am going to have to do some research on why this didn't catch on before ordering a barrel.
    I wouldn’t say it hasn’t caught on because you haven’t heard of it. It’s a well known cartridge if you’re into ARs. But like all the wildcats it has its limitations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast