RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any VZ52 She carbine shooters here?

Any VZ52 She carbine shooters here?

I've aquired one that needs a few parts to make it whole.and a chamber bushing to convert it to x39. Is it worth it. The numbers match and the bore looks great. I'm not aware of a source for brass for the 7.62x45 original chambering or I would go that route.
    Thanks, Thomas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Buffalo arms is the only place for brass. 1.50 each if u buy 20. I have one that I have never shot due to the ammo factor. I have 100 of the factory ammo but it's highly corrosive and very hard to locate. Mine came with the chamber adapter but people say loctight is enough to hold it in permanent and it will be ejected with a case. Very cool gun but I wish someone will make ammo lol

Boolit Master
    I have one myself. The only ammo i have is surplus. I am not sure what other brass you can make some with. A lot of them were missing parts like the top hand guard. I seen some Century Arms ones they painted the stocks. I believe a lot of them were sold to Cuba. Also a lot of them had bad bores and needed some parts.

Boolit Master
    7.35 Carcano is probably the best brass for making cases.I have two of the rifles and a fair amount of steel case ammo.The cases stuck in the chamber when fired badly enough to need a cleaning rod to remove.The chamber is clean.I wiped some cases down with an oily rag and cases extracted correctly.The primers in the issue ammo are corrosive.From past experience I recommend cleaning the bore and gas system parts for three days after firing.

Boolit Bub
    everyone i know that put the chamber bushing in, said that was the worst thing ever. so your left with two options 1) find ammo or make it yourself from 6.5 MS, 7.35 carcano of 220swift. 2) find a barrel for a 52/57 those are 7.62x39. either way good luck, have fun and keep'em shooting
    What is happiness "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"
    Conan the Barbarian

Thanks for the replies. Now it's decision time.
    Best, Thomas.

I'll be digging through my cartridge colection tonight for 7.62x45mm, a 6.5 MS, and a .220 Swift. I don't think I have a 7.35 Carcano but who knows what I'll find.......

Boolit Master
    PPU makes full length (faux bullet) blanks for the 7.62X39. When cut off and reformed they would make a 7.62X45 case.
    If you are lucky you might figure out a way to fire form them using the blank powder charge.

See item A492

https://www.prvipartizan.com/blank.php
    Last edited by EDG; 08-16-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Wow now that's thinking outside the box. Has anyone attempted the blank conversion? Are the boxer primed? Is there enough wall thickness at the neck?

EDG - you rock.
    And I know how I'm going to fireform them.... now I'll start looking for them. Thanks for the tip,

Boolit Master
    If this works it would save a ton of work in reforming cases. Definitely keep us posted on this one. If it does work we have to tell GRUMPA. The reason he don't make them is the lack of good parent case

Graf has the PPU x39 blanks for $8/15. A cheap experiment and they are on the way. $40 minimum order so i had to get some Privi .303 ammo and some Barnes 45 gr TSX to try on pigs with the 22-250. A man's got to do what a man's got to do!

Boolit Buddy
    Good idea on the blanks. Where do we find the full length size dies and can you use the 39 seater dies?

Boolit Master
    Would it be possible to use a 7.62x39 die set to 3/4 size with the neck and maybe something else for the other bit

Unless it has a large chamber I should be able to load ammo with 7.62x39 dies. I have loaded 7.63x39 and 7.62x54 before with just .32 H&R dies to neck size and seat bullets. Lots of ways to skin cats.

Left to right-
    PPU 7.62x39 blank
    Fired in SKS, petals ground off, neck sized and loaded with 3 grs bullseye/150gr Lee (fail)
    95 gr dropped in throat blank fired (fail)
    Hole drilled to let powder out, base of cartridge water cooled while petals annealed. Fired as above.l believe this one can be trimmed square and loaded to work. We will see. The .223 on the right is for 45mm perspective.
    As Gene Wilder said in "Young Frankenstein" -"It could work"!

I forgot to mention I reused the factory powder in the best one.
    To be continued......

Boolit Master
    Cool rifles. I had one years ago and liked it but the ammo issue made me send it down the road. It even had problems with some boxes of surplus ammo, missfire squibs etc. Great idea on the ppu blank brass. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

I give full credit to EDG for the blank idea. The more I mess with it, the more I want to get it shooting.

If any one has a fired case or two I could have I would sure appreciate it. I thought I had a 7.62x45mm in my collection but I didn't. PM me please, thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast