Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: 1958 colt saa

Boolit Buddy

1958 colt saa

Found this a while back and now have time and patients to clean it up. Spent a lot of time in a holster probably and this is the end result. Going to try to polish some of the stuff out from whoever used sand paper or something on it. Tried some chrome cleaner and think it may work out just don't want to go to far. Mostly wondering what grips would have come on her would like tofind a set. Kind of know but just want to make sure.Attachment 231692Attachment 231693Attachment 231694Attachment 231695
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Master
    Most likely this is the grips it came with.
    https://images.gunsinternational.com...A8B3C15341.jpg

Boolit Master
    The hard rubber grips without the American eagle were used from 1956 to 1964.

Boolit Master
    a real colt a late model. I think I would check with colt about a refinish. if it posable.

Boolit Master

A complete refinish by COLT would cost about half the price of a new Revolver.
    Colt offered Wood Grips at this time in production. But they cost a couple of bucks more, and had gold medallions.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Vendor Sponsor

Honestly I don't know that I would do ANYTHING to it! It has some character yes, but it looks authentic, and for a 60yr old gun? It looks great. Have you thought about getting a Colt letter?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    This weapon doesn't have character--it has attitude. If it were mine I would not spend money on refinishing, or grips, or a letter which will probably say it was shipped to Schmedlapps's Hardware Store, but would use it just as it was and delight in not have to dither about preserving its cosmetic appearance.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bibliotecario View Post
    This weapon doesn't have character--it has attitude. If it were mine I would not spend money on refinishing, or grips, or a letter which will probably say it was shipped to Schmedlapps's Hardware Store, but would use it just as it was and delight in not have to dither about preserving its cosmetic appearance.
    Right with ya, Librarian.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

A real working Colt; not a faked up finish on a new gun. Squeeze the old gal where you grip her and dance the night away as her dress is pretty enough as is.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by El Bibliotecario View Post
    This!

The prom queen is prissy and won't provide a Happy Ending.
    The dirty girl is much more fun and satisfying to be around

Caliber? How is the lettering on the top of the barrel? Yes, wood and I believe it was plain with no emblems was like a $5 option. Wood with nickel appears to be more common. Take them off and see if the serial number is written on the insides.

Boolit Buddy
    Getting ready to load up some bullets for it and going to start real light just out of respect for the old gal. Probably some kind of trailboss load which will be a first time using it. Or possibly some old stand by unique. Dont know why I'd be worried about anything since it was made in 1958. I've got other handguns older that that but I dont shoot most of my guns with full bore loads.
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Master
    She looks good just as she is.
    Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.