MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: FREE: Green Bar paper

Boolit Buddy

FREE: Green Bar paper

I have been freebie'd an entire box, 2700 sheets, of 20-pound 11"x14" green bar computer printer paper. I like this stuff for paper patching, but a whole box is probably more than I need to keep around ...

So I'll share the freebie, as follows:
    • If you'd like just a sample to try out, PM me your USPS mailing address, and I'll mail you 3 sheets folded up in a letter-size envelope. Free.
    • If you'd like more than that, I'll send it for the cost of shipping. Just let me know how much you want, I'll figure out what it costs to send, and we'll take it from there.

No need to post here, just PM, unless something comes up that needs clarification.

Boolit Buddy

Those who've PM'd me asking for a free sample, I've replied & either mailed it already or queued it up for tomorrow.

Those who've PM'd me asking for larger quantities, I've gotten some initial shipping estimates, and the numbers seem pretty high. (50 sheets weigh about 1 lb., which is going to cost about $7; and it goes up from there.) This seems unreasonable to me, so I'm going to ask at the PO whether blank printer paper qualifies for media mail rates. Would be nice, but don't get your hopes up.

After I get that one answered, and it is whatever it is, and I'll reply individually to everyone's PM's. Please feel free to tell me the shipping is too high, I'll understand.

Boolit Bub
    No reason usps needs to know the pages are blank. Maybe they just contain a long rest in a musical score...
    I never leave the range with less brass than I brought.

Reloading for 9MM, 300BO, 30-06, 223, 6.5 Creedmoor...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    gunwonk, the other option would be to use "freight", but you would have to haul it to the local Greyhound station to get it tossed on a bus and the recipient would have to go to their local Greyhound bus station to pick the box up. It's cheaper than USPS, not as fast but pretty quick, last time I used it (I've used it for things like a gold dredge, big heavy and/or bulky things. And shipped some larger things through Gordon Trucking, like 3 barrels of ore to a smelter.)

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gunwonk View Post
    I'll reply individually to everyone's PM's.
    Still going to do that, but here are the sweet spots, in case others want to know.

• 3-sheet sample -- free (my treat)
    • 39 sheets (more or less), First Class mail, $3.52
    • 80 sheets (more or less), small Flat Rate envelope, $6.70
    • inch or two thick (roughly), medium Flat Rate box, $13.65

And then, the more-than-you-wanted-to-know:

First Class mail tops out at 13 ounces. One sheet of this green bar paper weighs a bit less than 1/3 of an ounce, so 39 sheets make it (at $3.52). But as soon as you go over 13 ounces, even 13.01, the postage jumps to $7+, and you might as well go $6.70 for the small Flat Rate envelope.

Keep in mind that $3.52 will probably get you a whole ream of copy paper at Office Max, so this is not a screaming deal. But I'll do it, if you want some of this particular paper.

For the small Flat Rate envelope, I'm pretty sure I can stuff 80 sheets in there, maybe more. Haven't tried really hard yet, but yes, I'll stuff it full.

Also not a screaming deal, but gets you about twice the green bar paper for a little less than twice the shipping.

For the medium Flat Rate box, I know I can get 200 sheets in there, probably more. Again, a little over twice as much paper for about twice the expense. (BTW, someone suggested the long flat version of the MFRB. It's actually an inch or so too short. The chunkier MFRB works better here.)

FWIW, I've had a couple of requests for what would be a really, really full MFRB, and I'm a bit worried about running out of paper before everyone has had a chance at this, so I'm going to delay responding to large requests until after the weekend. (This thread has only been up since Monday, and I'm thinking some people only read the forum on weekends.) But whatever happens, I'll see that everyone who wants in on this deal will get some reasonable amount of the green bar paper.

Boolit Buddy

Update:

FWIW, this paper is .0039" thick. (I mentioned that on the Black Powder Paper Patching forum, forgot to say it here.)

Turns out I can get 160 sheets in a small Flat Rate envelope. (Don't know yet exactly how many will go in the MFRB.)

I've responded to all PM's through July 8th, and plan to keep this offer open for another week or so. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Received the paper looking forward to trying it out in a old savage 99 30-30
    Thanks again

I too received a paper sample. I'll do my best to wrap something up and let-r-rip. Thank you again.

Banned
    You can order padded envelopes (FREE to your door) from USPS, they cost $7.40 to ship and fit a lot of stuff

Free Supplies
    Padded Flat Rate Envelope $7.10 commercial base $7.25 at Post Office (retail & online)

https://store.usps.com/store/product...elope-P_EP14PE

Boolit Master

I hope one off topic post won't offend anyone. All this talk about green bar paper brings back memories. About 25 years ago the company I worked for used green bar for all kinds of reports. Most had no particular importance after about a week. They just put it back in the boxes it originally came in. My wife was teaching in an elementary school at the time and she was always looking for paper the kids could write on, draw on, fold into various shapes, etc. I got the bright idea to load this excess paper that had printing on one side and take it to the school. To make it easy for them to use, I used a guillotine paper cutter to cut the perforations so every sheet was separate. That machine would cut a stack about a foot high. Over 3-4 years I must have hauled a half dozen pickup loads of this paper to the school. Finally other printing methods made impact line printing obsolete and the paper for schools ran out.

Until this thread I didn't even know green bar paper was still available.
    John
    W.TN