Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: "magic" optic rear sight.......??

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

"magic" optic rear sight.......??

A little over two years ago, the firearms world was set ablaze........for awhile......by a new rear sight that eliminated the age old problem of the human eye not being able to focus on two things at once. It was a small aperture sight, perhaps 1/4" in diameter, and with a set of specially ground lenses would automatically focus the front sight PLUS the target....a real breakthrough. Since my eyes have aged I was interested.

Despite these advantages, I saw a couple of dubious reviews and I can't seem to find it now. I think it was called the Micro Sight, but all my internet searches turn up pistol sights. Did this thing fail, or am I just looking in the wrong places? I'd really like to investigate it again!

Boolit Grand Master

Not sure but I don't think they are still available http://www.accurateshooter.com/optic...r-iron-sights/

Boolit Master

That's it.........I'd forgotten about the Idaho Laboratories connection. I'll try to contact them and see what's up. Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master

Creedmoor use to sell them. Them may be able to help. https://www.creedmoorsports.com/

Boolit Master
    Ive found low magnification glasses are a major improvement with iron sights of any kind......about 1.2 in the Chinese rating........and a very cheap solution........Corrective optics in aperature sights arent able to focus everything.

Boolit Master

That's a good tip. Might just give it a try.

Boolit Grand Master

There are diopter lenses that focus, and magnifying that enlarge. In most iron sight matches a lense in the rear fine, a lense in the front fine, a lense in both at the same time not allowed. Bob jones had a set up for in the hoods on service rifle sights and match rifles appetures. I used an adjustable diopater in the rear sight as it allowed focus for the day and fatigue. Some times even a color filter will clear things up a lot even.

Boolit Bub

Boolit Master
    How does this lense focus both at the same time. I just dont see it happening.
    I bought the jones sight for my AR it helps me see the front sight nice and sharp but does nothing for the target at 200-600?
    I use a Rx lens at +.50 for everything else. Although now im finding it harder to see stuff up close even with my current Rx.
    With my .5 Rx i can see down range and the front sight but rear notch sights are getting harder. Rear aperture is fine.

Boolit Master
    I might add,if you want to wreck your shootin eye for ironsights,stare at computer forums all night .

Boolit Master
    The best front sight I ever had was a Redfield smallbore international, with the amber disc, with a hole in the middle. I used a narrow post with it, but bent the post down and just used the post to keep from canting the rifle. your sight picture is just aperatures and centering the target. The merit disc on the glasses will clear up sights. You can test this by putting a pin hole in a piece of paper and slipping it under your glasses and adjusting it so you are looking at the sights thru the pinhole

That looks like a good idea I’ll have to look for them

Boolit Buddy
    I have a set of the Mojo Snap Sights on a K31, it sounds like what you're describing, rear aperture and a front aperture and you center the target through both . I like it a lot, you really only have to focus on the target through the front sight and make sure it's centered. Unfortunately, they only make them for a handful of milsurps
    https://www.mojosights.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Miso sight
    Sounds interesting.
    Kind of expensive.
    Doing a search, found lots of food sites.
    Made me hungry.

Some good info for old eyes, thanks.
    bob
    Game Warden: what boys dream of being and old men wish they could have been