MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Fun with 300 blk mouse fart loads and other questions

Boolit Master

Fun with 300 blk mouse fart loads and other questions

Wanted to write a range report...spent some time casting and sizing some Lee 314 90gr swc for various 30 Cal mouse fart loads.

Some for a mk4 Enfield sized 312 over 3.8 gr of Tite group...boy these are a hoot. Quiet and absolutely zero recoil...point of aim off battle sights.

Some out of my rem 700 in 300 blk over the same charge of Tite group...sized 309. I couldn't get enough. So much fun. Took a small sapling in half with them... perfectly accurate

Bullets we're cast out of dead soft lead with a touch of range berm scrap mixed in...but very soft bullets. Powder coated (shake and bake with Eastwood Ford light blue)

I can't stress how addictively fun these loads are. No ear pro needed though prob advisable...it's like a quiet 22 lr. These would be mettle on squirrel, rabbit or vermin around the house (armadillo or skunk)

Next I'm dropping these in my 30 06 for kicks...and I'll likely try a few loads of the standard 16 gr of 2400 ...may work it up on the Lee 170 f 309 to see what velocities I can get. Anyone tried these with something like 2400 or unique and what sort of velocities can I get to? Would love to be able to get a soft nose cast (dead soft nose and shank of harder alloy to take the pressure/psi ) to get to velocity that dead soft would expand on deer...any experience here?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Banned
    Try 4 grns 700X under a 230 grn boolit in a handi rifle with a can.

Boolit Buddy
    I never tried TG in 300AAC but I did load some up with full case of Trail Boss before (I think around 7gr but dont quote me as I dont have my notes with me). Turned my AR into bolt action but these were some super quiet 300AAC rounds.
    So far I shot my 300 using H110, LittleGun, #9 and those couple with TB. No problems so far but I'm still looking.
    My 300 upper has pistol gas length and I'm still curious if moderate charge of HS6 would cycle it but I cant find any load data for HS6 in 300AAC.

Super Moderator

I use that same Lee TL314-90 SWC in all of my 30 Cal rifles sized .311, and sized .314 in the Mosin Nagant. I use 3.2 grains of Bullseye in the 308, 30-06 and Mosin. 2.7 gr BE in the 30-30. I just very lightly coat them with LLA. The loads are tack drivers and funner than a barrel of monkeys.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I use that same Lee TL314-90 SWC in all of my 30 Cal rifles sized .311, and sized .314 in the Mosin Nagant. I use 3.2 grains of Bullseye in the 308, 30-06 and Mosin. 2.7 gr BE in the 30-30. I just very lightly coat them with LLA. The loads are tack drivers and funner than a barrel of monkeys.
    Oh aren't they though...so much fun. Next go round I'm going to try and split playing cards in half edgewise...the swc should make that easy

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk