RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Winchester 94 375 win parts

Boolit Master

Winchester 94 375 win parts

Considering this rifle is deemed obsolete is there any parts I should need since I plan on shooting this thing around 5-10 thousand times?

Moderator Emeritus

A spare firing pin and spring might be nice to have between rounds 7000 and 10,000.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

About 15 years back I bought a WELL worn 375 XTR, the hardest used XTR I had ever seen, it came with a box of shells that about half had a good /deep dent in the casing, I'm running on old man memory here so..........
    Somewhere on the bottom of the lifter or topside of the "lever link", is a little "nipple" that extends and rests between the two, it is a timing thing for the lifter, it had worn to a nub, I don't recall where it was but i remember the fix like it was yesterday! go figure LOL.
    Dremel tool and cutting disk to the rescue! I put a slit in the leftover nub and fit in the top of a finish nail, after a few trial and error assemblies and tear downs and filings it worked like a charm, and never skipped a beat ever again! I now have one 99% that I never use because it is so nice, that just sits here. How I wish I had kept that old beater with it's 50% or less finish and truck rack flattened checkering! Ok, i'm rambling, moral of the story, find the nipple and pick up a spare of whatever part it is on, if you can find one. And if not well you know how I fixed mine.
    Safe and happy hunting!
    MagLvr
    The .357 Magnum......
    Major Douglas Wesson, using factory loads, which were a 158 gr. soft lead bullet, traveling 1515 fps, from an 8 3/4" barreled S&W, producing 812 ft. lbs of muzzle energy.
    Antelope - 200 yards (2 shots)
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)
    Moose - 100 yards (1 shot)
    Grizzly Bear - 135 yards (1 shot).

It kind of makes one wonder, why today, it will bounce off anything bigger than a rabbit

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by odfairfaxsub View Post

Considering this rifle is deemed obsolete is there any parts I should need since I plan on shooting this thing around 5-10 thousand times?

Shooting a .375 Win 5,000-10,000 times ? ? ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Shooting a .375 Win 5,000-10,000 times ? ? ?

Yeah ------shoulder replacement surgery is gonna mess that plan up at about the 6000 mark!!!

Boolit Master
    Lifetime of shooting. I’m 31 as of yday

Boolit Master
    I bought a 94 new in 1973...........has never needed a part yet......its only problem was the flat hammer spring moving sideways enough to foul the wood........very easy fix..............If you dont do "rifleman" tricks,you wont break it.

Boolit Master
    Had my 94 trapper since 98 must have put 10,000 plus rounds though it only broken ejectors ,4 or 5 I think the pin snaps off .cut a slot in it then silver solder a nail in it ,haven't had one fail since.its a 357 mag ae .

Boolit Buddy
    Have a 1894 /1911 and a 1892/1913 the former needed a carrier spring and the later a new barrel.You don't need parts unless it's wood down the road when you can't get it.Planning on living to be 100 years old or just another prepper?

Boolit Master
    Prob more of the preper type. I unfortunately came into the whole win 94 thing when they discontinued the line and no factory support for parts. If I was a 1950 baby I wouldn’t have had to worry about parts being gobbled up.

Boolit Master
    I bought a book called “Survival Gunsmithing” by J.B. Wood the other day. It has articles on about 20 common rifles, handguns, and shotguns. The purpose of the book is how to keep guns going after the SHTF (or TEOTWAWKI, if you prefer). The first thing he recommends is to put in a supply of common parts that commonly break. Each chapter is a different gun and describes how to replace the parts he talks about. The list is a little bit different for each gun, but there are remarkable similarities from gun to gun.

Some of the common parts he mentions most are:
    1. Firing pin and FP spring (if one exists)
    2. Extractor and spring
    3. Ejector and spring
    4. Hammer (main) spring
    5. Trigger return spring
    6. Cylinder stop (revolver)
    7. Cylinder hand and spring (revolver)
    8. Spare magazines (semi-autos)
    9. Slide rebound (return) spring (semi-autos)
    10. Cartridge cutoff or carrier (for lever actions)
    11. Magazine tube (inside and out) and spring (for lever actions)

There are also specific parts for specific guns, for some guns in each chapter. There isn't a chapter on the Winchester .375 BB, but there is for the Model 94. He adds a Lever Detent Plunger and spring, and Combination Loading Gate/Spring for it. He also adds that the hammer and sear are not likely to fail, but can be laid in for peace of mind.