Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: howdy folks!

Boolit Bub
    got about 80 lbs of pure lead, 100 lbs of WW, 60 lbs of lino, 50 lbs of roto hard, my stash goal is about 2k lbs
    done a lot of smelting ingots, not mixing yet. no hurry at this end. as I sid before gotta get the reload building up, too dang cramped in the custom shop and only production equip allowed in the production shop. were also putting up a 40x60 metal fab shop this year, so in the mean time its books, dies, brass, lead, powder and primer hoarding.

Boolit Bub
    and thank you again everyone for the compliments on my work

Boolit Master

Welcome aboard. Only dumb question is the one not asked.

Those are some beatufull knives. I am a hunter and fishman. Which leads to skinning and butchering. I am partial to good knives.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Welcome on board RedDogForge . What calibres and guns are you looking at reloading . Good looking knives but a bit fancy for me.
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master
    Yes welcome RedDogForge to the best place on the net to learn the craft of casting. I’ve learned so much by looking here, that my casting, power coating, sizeing boolits, have been a breeze. Learned a lot from all the knowledge here on this site. Once you get accustomed to how to do searches, I don’t think there’s anything these guys haven’t seen or done.

Boolit Bub
    ill be casting for various rifles and pistols, 308, 30 06, 454, 45lc, 357 mag for lever, 9mm, 556, 762x54, and 7.5x55 swiss.
    lots of slugging and sizing in my future as well as Ive got multiple firearms sharing cartridges, ie levers and pistols for both 454 and 357.
    again though at this point its all about stockpiling and reading, ill be having at it head on some time this nov. REALLY got to build an addition to the custom shop before I get any more in depth. the custom shops small, its a 12x20 with a complete machine shop and knifemaking equipment crammed into it heh.

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, I see what you mean about needing more space! Are you reloading already or are you learning that too? If not, a Lyman or RCBS reloading manual will give you all the basic information you need to start loading.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Make a pound cast for each gun to see if it can share bullets and get the dimensions. Make a dummy round for each caliber with each bullet you plan on using.

The frankford aresenal COL gauge is kind of expensive at 20 bucks for 2 peices of plastic. Cheaper than the Hornedy gage though. If you have a friend with a 3D printer they can print you the Frankford Aresenal replica for a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Bub
    wayne done a lil with lee loaders for 308, I have an old rcbs that needs a new nylon index bushing swapped out, rcbs sent me one already, this falls under the no time until we get back thing. also have a lubrisizer that ill need to get dies for, likely going to machine top punches for it since there seems to be some lee dies that dont have a corresponding top punch avail, not a big deal, love an excuse to fire up the ole atlas 12 lathe heh. likely also going to get a lee O ring press for pushing up resizing. definately need more reload manuals, have the current Lee but more the merrier. Future projects include dipping into powder coating, figuring out a couple press dies for the hydraulic 50 ton forging press for at least gas checks, ie plate punch a batch at a time. see if im able to make my own cartridges with a set of progressive dies for the same hydro press etcetc, this for me has VERY little to do with saving money and more to do with tinkering, i LOVE tinkering *grins*

Boolit Bub
    Rcmaveric pound casting is definitely in my future for a couple rifle builds im working on, ill likely get the hornady gauge set, hate plastic, love excuses to buy more machine tools *grins*