Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why isn’t there a forum for cast bullet competition/accuracy?

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by catboat View Post
    Still, there there is no reason why there can’t be a forum on this site for accuracy and even informal competition ( or just showing off groups, with equipment and load discussion.

Why not? Hope the moderator and “number 1” see the value of it. Look at the number of hits this thread has generated. I believe an accuracy reporting forum on this website would be one of the most popular. Cast bullet shooters like to shoot. Why not give them a venue to show off their starting group or score, and see how they improve. The CBA charges for the postal shoots. Maybe some folks ( And I think it will be a good number of people) will shoot, and post their informal target results. As Larry Gibson posted, there would be a benefit to a shooter-supplied standard target if shooting for score. Doesn’t get much easier, or lower cost than that.

Hello “ number 1”, can you please make this happen? An accuracy forum please.
    We have -->"Get-Togethers, Competition and Results"<--. The oldest thread appears to have been created (05JAN14) by the original creator of this place (45NUT) and the latest thread (05JUl18) is a Postal Match titled oddly enough -->"Accuracy/competition: Postal shoot?"<--.

It was buried as a double-sub-forum in "Our Town" which has limited its exposure. It is now much more visible as a sub-forum Of Guns & Shooting.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Thanks. It’s a good start, but how about separating “ cast bullet accuracy” in a separate forum from the “ get togethers.” Seems like an odd mix as is. It’s two different trains of thoughts.

I'm sort of inclined to wonder if having the "accuracy" shooting all stuck in its own forum will reduce the information on accurate loads and solutions to problem firearms in the more general forum on shotguns, mil-surp, wheel guns, favorite loads etc.

I guess I'm thinking that if one has to wade through what can be pretty technical and exotic posts on accuracy they won't get to the part about doing a pound cast and bullet seating and the powders that worked and didn't work in that Enfield or 30-06. Where a single thread from someone trying out a load for accuracy in a systematic way that is in a "regular" forum visited routinely by ordinary reloaders will get more readers and help more people. Those more detailed posts are good educational opportunities but a whole forum of them might discourage members from browsing there.

I think Jon B has a good idea. Do it using a convention in the thread titles and it will show clearly if there is membership desire to have discussions dedicated to that topic.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Why do you think an dedicated “ accuracy forum” would be estoteric, and NOT full of posts of someone reporting the accuracy effects of their 1917 Enfield with different sizing diameters or powders, or various cast bullet designs?

Imagine the great resourceful stickies on such a forum? Pound cast methods, pillar bedding, case preparation etc. to name a few. Let’s try it and see what happens.

I see it just the opposite as you. I visit different forums, and get a tidbit here and there about accuracy, and wonder, “ Why can’t all this accuracy stuff be assembled in one area?”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123