MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee precision inc.

Boolit Buddy

Lee precision inc.

I managed to break a primer adapter in my LEE NEW AUTO PRIME. I was unable to locate a replacement or part number.
    I sent a question to LEE looking to buy a replacement part. The same day I received an email saying they are sending out a replacement the next day.

THAT, my friends is customer service !!!

Big thank you to Lee Precision, Inc.
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Boolit Buddy
    Shhhhhhhh.... Don't let Green or Blue people hear you say words like that.

I’m a green, blue and red guy! I love my lee equipment.

I like lee products. they do what is intended and work for me

Boolit Master
    I like my Lee stuff. Never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrubicon View Post
    I’m a green, blue and red guy! I love my lee equipment.
    You forgot the grey!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have a ton of lee stuff and it all still works great!

I am not a name dropper! If it works who cares what color is is or who made it.

double8 that is terrific that they came thru for you. I use their products because they are a neighborhood business for me. Keep the jobs in the state!

Boolit Bub
    Yes the Lee guys are looked upon as frugal? But, it is simple and it works well for me. I have two Loadmasters and use them often. Work great for me.

Boolit Master
    I have some Lee dies that fit specific purposees that no one else makes.
    I also use RCBS.
    I also use Dillon.
    There also at least two other brands in my cabinet.
    I choose the best tool for the job at hand, and no one company does it all.

Boolit Master

i choose what i can afford. Lee has been good to me. Haven't had to call them yet, but their replacement parts are cheap and arrive quick. I broke a decaping pin in my Grenedel die and a priming arm on the hand primer. Less than 10 bucks for the parts.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    Recently they have let me down. But I am still a big fan of all of them. Now that I type this all three let me down in the same way. I was looking for promotional banners and red, green said no. Blue said we will sell you one for 100+ dollars. I still love the way all of them work. I like the red the best.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

By Red you mean Forster right? Love the CO/AX. But it's served with several Lee dies on cases trimmer by Wilson!
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy

A lot of reloaders out there that would not have gotten into reloading if it weren’t for the low cost of Lee equipment. If it works for you, use it.
    L.E.C.

Boolit Buddy
    This is kind of like what car do you drive? Some people like Fords, others are BMW people and some like Cadillac's. Each one will get you from point A to point B.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
    This is kind of like what car do you drive? Some people like Fords, others are BMW people and some like Cadillac's. Each one will get you from point A to point B.
    Except the ford, it will only get you part of the way there LOL.

"98% of fords are still on the road, the other 2% made it home"
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

Boolit Bub
    I have had good service from Lee, Dillon, RCBS and Lyman. RCBS has on two occasions sent me replacements for things I broke. I even started the conversation with: "this is not any problem with your stuff, it was all me - I broke it", and they still would not take my credit card. Only time any of them have taken my money was when Fed Ex mangled (and I mean MANGLED) a box. I mainly use Lee simply because the volume that I reload for simply does not warrant much more than that.

Boolit Grand Master

I ended up with a new auto prime that had me pulling my hair out. At one time I even chucked it out in the yard. I eventually went and got it (for parts), but emailed Lee. The next day they had new adapters sent out. Both my large and small adapter/elevators were faulty, they wouldn't even pass a primer through if you pushed it. The new ones have been very good to me. I still think it's a dumb redesign, but it does work well enough. I have to be careful about the angle or else primer will flip over inside. One even managed to go in sideways, thank god it didn't blow up. I really appreciate the new tray, it's a lot easier to use with the giant federal trays. The handle is nice too. If lee came out with a new auto prime, with a straight through shot instead of the elevator, I would probably buy 5.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I own and use a bunch of Lee products - and they do work well. BUT . . . the one time that I needed customer service from them was when I bought a double cavity Lee mold through on of our good vendors here. And I'll add, it was part of an order for a bunch of Lee products. When I opened the old I couldn't believe that they would even allow it through quality control, much less send it out to a vendor to sell. The alignment pins were not installed deep enough to engage the alignment holes - well, not a hard thing to fix. But when they engaged the holes, the two mold cavities didn't even line up on the outer surfaces and the cavities were misaligned by probagly close to a 1/16 inch. I notified the vendor who asked me to take photos to send to hm and he would deal with Lee. I did and he forward his e-mails to Lee and Lee's customer service replies. Long story short, whoever handled the problem at Lee replied to the vendor that I obviously didn't know how to cast. Hmmm . . . guess I've been doing it wrong for the last 50 + years in the 100 or so molds that I own. He told the vendor to instruct me to send it back to them (on my dime) and they would take a look at it. O.K. - so a $20.00 mold plus shipping form the vendor to me - so let's say $28.00 mold would now become a $36.00 mold after I had to pay the postage to send it back to Lee for something that should never have left the factory. I was so mad when I read the CS rep's emails to the vendor that I decided to just drop it and I told the vendor that it wssn't their fault so I wasn't going to send it back to them. I keep it up on my bench in a spot as a reminder of their "great customer service" - and as a reminder to avoid buying another Lee mold. Maybe the CS guy was having a bad day? But I was in business a lot of years and I NEVER would have treated a customer with a legitimate problem by sending out e-mails to the vendor with comments like the CS guy made. If he worked for me, he would be out looking for another job.

As far as their products - they are a good value for the money and I do recommend their products. But if my one experience with their CS was typical, then they need to address that issue. I bought some RCBS dies and reloading equipment used a while after that experience and I needed a couple of small parts that were missing. I called RCBS to see if they had them with the full expectation that I would have to pay for them and was fine with that. The CS fellow I talked with there listened to what I needed, asked a couple of questions and said he would have to call me back as he had to check the shelves in the warehouse (the items were vintage). He called me back within fifteen minutes, asked me what my shipping address was and said he'd mail them out that day. I asked him the cost so I could give him a credit card number for payment - his reply was "There is no charge - we appreciate you using our products and we stand behind them. We are more than happy to be able to help you get what you need." I guess everybody's mileage varies . . . . .

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i have been using the same single stage press since 1980 a lee i use a lot of lee molds and dies. i am glad you got good service from lee i have never had to try. but i have delt with big green and can't believe how good there service is they keep replacing wear parts for free. it is service like both of us got that makes loyal customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast