Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee precision inc.

Boolit Bub
    All of my stuff is Lee, its cheap and works good!

Boolit Buddy
    The problem with LEE is ... You will buy any new offerings they come up with.
    Their new hand primers, bench primer & Breech Lock Pro Press come to mind.

I would say that their presses are not semi-automatic. I cannot take a sleeping pill and pull the lever all night and trust that I made good ammo. You have to be alert and paying attention. I think this is by design for liability.

Seriously should you not check your press & charge operation every 100 primers ? Some want a press to make 1,000 rounds in an hour, turn off the light and go shoot them. Some of us are OCD and do QC on our rounds for peace of mind so we do not shoot the 1:1,000,000 that blows up the gun.

So in the end you have a bench full of stuff you own vs a bench full of stuff you are paying a credit card company to lease each month.

Boolit Master

I've been fortunate enough to be able to get pretty much whatever I want and that includes Lee products. Sometimes Lee just has the right product at the right price. I have expensive Dillon dies and inexpensive Lee dies, for example. Each was bought to fill a need and they all work as expected. The only Lee product I've had a problem with was a 401-175-TC six cavity mold that was misaligned. It was purchased to satisfy the need for a large volume of .40 S&W boolits. Lee replaced it without any difficulty.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    I started out with Lyman but most of my reloading and casting kit is Lee it just works well and is priced so people like me can afford it ,maybe im an inverted snob but I don't feel the need for designer labels .

Lee equipment is like a good women. Gets the job done that needs doing, just enough "character" to keep it interesting, surprises you every once in awhile with something new and innovative. All without costing you an arm and a leg. As an added plus Lee equipment doesn't have your sister in law or sympathetic girlfriend on speed dial.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I too have some Lee equipment and am very satisfied. I am glad we have all the colors.

I have Lee Turret Press 3 hole that was bought in the late 70 I thank and have load 1978 79 all of 80 & 90 up to 2018 and have loaded 3500 on the agave every year on it this year I have only used it very little 1200 rounds it is like a Time Mex it takes a lick-on and keeps going it will be here when I gone my grand son will take over using it! I am 78 disable that is why I could go shoot a lot after I got hurt in a deep vane coal mine 1000 feet deep I loaded 32 380 9mm 38sp 357nag 357SMG 375DW 44sp 44mag 45LC 454 s&w460 223 22 250 243 308 257Roberts 25.06 30.06 30 30 and some 7.62 39
    Last edited by AABEN; 08-20-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Plus Lee is a sponsor here. Blue and green are good but they aren't sponsors of this site.

Boolit Master
    I began reloading with an original Lee Loader and casting with a Lee 1-cavity mold. Both worked well enough to get me hooked. I still use some Lee equipment, and find it serviceable. I honestly feel that Lee does the basics (dies, molds, etc.) better than they do some of the more involved applications. They have had some excellent ideas over the decades, but they are not always executed flawlessly. I feel that they could (and probably would) produce better functioning equipment if they were not exclusively trying to fit their price point. Design their equipment better, and manufacture it with better materials. I would probably buy a lot more. I have long since reached the point where I will happily spend a few more dollars in order to buy a better performing, less frustrating piece of equipment.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    The only thing that " really " ticks me off about my Lee reloading equipment ,,, I don't get "ENOUGH " time to use it as much as I want to . Hope that's going to change ,,,, " real soon ".

Coffee's ready ,, Hootmix .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12