Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: toyota

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    WOW! Glad you got that off your chest! Now tell us how you REALLY feel about modern up-to-date life in America.

Now I remember why I have you on my ignore list.

Bangerjim
    How did you know what he wrote?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    How did you know what he wrote?
    Anyone on your ignore list will still appear in a thread and you have to click on a read link there to read the hidden/ingored message. Standard ops for this forum.

I remove people from my ignore list after about 6 months. I figure that is enough time for ruffled feathers to settle back in place.

Bangerjim

Boolit Master

johnho, I did buy the extended warranty because of the possible battery problem, it still does not cover this and I sure thought they said it would. I have serious doubts if it will cover the batteries like they said it would. this has been the hands down most expensive to keep running car I have ever owned. have fords, chevys, dodges all are still parked out back and usually had 300,000 plus miles on them before it cost more to fix than they were worth, now I got a 2 year old car that is going to cost a third of its value to make it worth anything in a trade.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Bought a 2011 Avalon at the end of June in '11 for economy of mileage due to second retirement and plans to travel. Now has @ 116,000 miles on it and it still has the original wiper blades on it. Keep it in the garage when not in use. Have not done a thing to it except put on the second set of tires at 57,000 miles. Second set has 59,000 miles on them and had an alignment job done when the second set of tires was installed. Have only changed the oil in it once myself - have taken it back to the dealer all other times. The gas mileage is stuck on 30 except when the wife drives it. She has a heavy foot and does jack-rabbit take offs. Thinking about another Avalon. Have a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition that has 165,000 miles on it - 4.6 engine. Due to my wife's driving habits and the weight of the car (I'm supposing here), the rear main crankshaft seal gave out. Drips oil on the garage floor. Spent $ 1,000 on a defective heat-a/c control unit that was defective from the factory at 60,000. Then another $ 450 on a $ .50-cent nylon gear that controls the air mix from the outside and it's still not right. Now the a/c only arrives through the defroster and not the vents. And American auto manufacturers wonder why people are buying Jap cars. BTW, my Avalon was built in Georgetown, Ky. Big Boomer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boomer View Post
    Bought a 2011 Avalon at the end of June in '11 for economy of mileage due to second retirement and plans to travel. Now has @ 116,000 miles on it and it still has the original wiper blades on it. Keep it in the garage when not in use. Have not done a thing to it except put on the second set of tires at 57,000 miles. Second set has 59,000 miles on them and had an alignment job done when the second set of tires was installed. Have only changed the oil in it once myself - have taken it back to the dealer all other times. The gas mileage is stuck on 30 except when the wife drives it. She has a heavy foot and does jack-rabbit take offs. Thinking about another Avalon. Have a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition that has 165,000 miles on it - 4.6 engine. Due to my wife's driving habits and the weight of the car (I'm supposing here), the rear main crankshaft seal gave out. Drips oil on the garage floor. Spent $ 1,000 on a defective heat-a/c control unit that was defective from the factory at 60,000. Then another $ 450 on a $ .50-cent nylon gear that controls the air mix from the outside and it's still not right. Now the a/c only arrives through the defroster and not the vents. And American auto manufacturers wonder why people are buying Jap cars. BTW, my Avalon was built in Georgetown, Ky. Big Boomer
    59,000 miles is good. I've never had original equipment tires last as much as 50,000 miles. Replacements do much better.

I sold the 1996 Avalon at 195,000 miles with the original brake pads. Not sure why they lasted so long. Replaced the pads on the 2006 Avalon at about 120,000 mi.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

alamogunr: The 2011 Avalon came with Michelins and I replaced with the same tire. This car still has the original brakes all around. At the dealership they asked me who replaced the brakes. I told them they had never been replaced. They tell me every time I take it back for an oil change (the last oil change is the only one I did) that the brakes are fine. They also told me that most drivers do not get the gas mileage I do nor do the brake pads last this long. The car still looks and drives like new due to keeping it in the garage. Big Boomer

Boolit Master

The 2017 Avalon came with Michelins but the 2 previous Avalon's came with Bridgestone tires. Both previous cars got nothing but Michelins after the Bridgestones. The Tundra came with Michelins also but they aren't wearing as well. Size may have something to do with it. It certainly isn't from loading. That truck is 5 years old and only has just under 30,000 miles on it. Old age has curtailed my driving.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

alamogunr: I hear you about that old age stuff. I'm 78. Seems like the most miles I put on our cars is going to church and going to see the doctors. Big Boomer

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't know what model prius you have, but just guess at a prius three and saw the Toyota compressor was $1451 and looked at autozone and they compressors varied from $600 to $900. See if you can find a good independent shop that does A/C work and get a quote from them.

I had to have plugs changed on my '10 Highlander, you have to take the intake off and other stuff to get the back three. Cost me near $500 to get it done. Toyota dealer wanted $1,600. Dealers can be $$$$ Have a Jeep liberty that door regulator broke just after I got it used, cost about $250 to get it fixed. Broke other side last month. Ordered parts and did it myself for $65 and about 40 min. work. Think I could do the next one in about 20 min.

If you took it to the dealer in Boulder, I can see why it cost so much as I think there is lots of $$ there in Boulder ,and many wouldn't flinch at the price you were quoted

Banned

I guess I could give in and join you guys who spend half your life tapping on your phone or asking seri to turn on my my lights instead of actually getting up and hitting a switch. But then id have to actually take my eyes off my phone. Kind of reminds me of that web site I saw a few years back that you can sit at home and control a gun with the internet and kill a deer out west and they butcher it and put it on dry ice and ship it to you all nicely packaged.

I guess im proud to call myself old school. I guess im a bit high tech too. I have one of those fancy new cordless phones that you actually talk into. tvs you talk to cause you cant push a button on a remote, cars that drive themselves so you can keep texting while going down the road, little machines that vaccum and sweep the floor for you, refridgerators with built in internet access so you can face book while getting some left over chicken you bought at KFC because cooking is work. Sorry but you can have it all! In my opinion it just makes lazy people lasier.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    WOW! Glad you got that off your chest! Now tell us how you REALLY feel about modern up-to-date life in America.

Now I remember why I have you on my ignore list.

Bangerjim
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 07-02-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Boolit Master
    I have owned 5 or 6 Toyotas. None of them ever needed one repair. But the same goes for the Hondas we have owned as well.
    East Tennessee

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    SNIP...

I guess im proud to call myself old school. I guess im a bit high tech too. I have one of those fancy new cordless phones that you actually talk into. tvs you talk to cause you cant push a button on a remote, cars that drive themselves so you can keep texting while going down the road, little machines that vaccum and sweep the floor for you, refridgerators with built in internet access so you can face book while getting some left over chicken you bought at KFC because cooking is work. Sorry but you can have it all! In my opinion it just makes lazy people lasier.
    Lloyd,
    you just described the 2008 movie "WALL-E"
    Check it out sometime, you might enjoy it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910970/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

well finally some good news, toyota agreed the part was a defect and is going to supply the parts at no cost but won't cover labor, dealer we bought it from said they would cover labor at no cost, so maybe not just rolling over and taking a 3 grand shaft worked out. time will tell.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned

Well, there you go

Boolit Master

Good news! Hope it all works out without financial liability of any sort. Big Boomer

Banned

good for you. Glad you found a good dealership too. there as rare as hens teeth!
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    well finally some good news, toyota agreed the part was a defect and is going to supply the parts at no cost but won't cover labor, dealer we bought it from said they would cover labor at no cost, so maybe not just rolling over and taking a 3 grand shaft worked out. time will tell.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    Wow, great news...it sure is rare when the stars align like that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Well dang I just got a '17 Tacoma 4x4 and no issues yet....guess I'll keep an eye on it. I was really happy with my moms Toyota experience and my last honda was easy as heck on maintenance.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    I realize that. Was looking for a month and year.
    My warranty with the new truck was 3 yr 36000 mile, I purchased the additional year to get 48000. At this rate it might last a year with all the driving and towing I've been doing.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Bought a used 1980 4 runner with 350k miles on it for my son. He couldn't kill it Toyotas are almost un breakable
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast