Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Are Ruger 10/22 and 77/357 front sights interchangeable?

Boolit Master

Are Ruger 10/22 and 77/357 front sights interchangeable?

If so, I'd like to track down a 10/22 50th anniversary and/or collectors edition (maybe M1 as well) winged front sight to try on my 357 when it comes in. Both appear to be similar dovetails. I called Ruger but didn't get very far. The lady wanted a serial number to look anything up. Perhaps an owner of one of the 10/22 models would be willing to PM me a serial number to try.

Boolit Master

Brownells says the 10/22 fits the 77/22

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod12134.aspx

Boolit Master
    I have both a 50th anniv 10/22 takedown with the winged/guarded front sight and a 77/357 and it sure looks like they’re the same dovetail. I’ll shoot you a PM with the serial number of the 10/22 if you want to try ordering a front sight.

EDIT: Just looked again, and while the dovetails look the same, he 10/22 sight is about 1.1” from the centerline of the bore while the front sight on the 77/357 is .8” from the centerline. The 10/22 sight is adjustable for height, but I don’t know how much.

EDIT the EDIT: I’m an idiot. On the 10/22 I changed out the stock sights for peep sights from tech sights. I’ll look for the stock sights, but I seem to recall that removing the front resulted in its destruction.
    Last edited by JimB..; 06-27-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    I have both a 50th anniv 10/22 takedown with the winged/guarded front sight and a 77/357 and it sure looks like they’re the same dovetail. I’ll shoot you a PM with the serial number of the 10/22 if you want to try ordering a front sight.

EDIT: Just looked again, and while the dovetails look the same, he 10/22 sight is about 1.1” from the centerline of the bore while the front sight on the 77/357 is .8” from the centerline. The 10/22 sight is adjustable for height, but I don’t know how much.

EDIT the EDIT: I’m an idiot. On the 10/22 I changed out the stock sights for peep sights from tech sights. I’ll look for the stock sights, but I seem to recall that removing the front resulted in its destruction.
    Thanks! I responded to the PM first so ignore my question there as you answered it here!

I am hoping the winged sight is a little taller than the stock sight. It appears to be in the pictures I've seen on the net. I plan on using the NECG rear peep sight that sits a little higher than the stock sight on the 77/357. I'm hoping for a plain based plinking load in the 1200 fps range. If I find a load I'm happy with, I can file down or build up the winged sight as needed. I really like wings/guards/ears for lining up my front post and giving that military sight picture. The factory 10/22 sight just seems so much cleaner than the other aftermarket options. I sure hope it works out!