Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB; Book, 1986 IHMSA "Shooting Steel"

Boolit Master

WTB; Book, 1986 IHMSA "Shooting Steel"

I need a copy of the book published by the IHMSA in 1986 called "Shooting Steel." I had a copy & I'm afraid I either loaned it to someown who forgot where it lived,,, or it got lost somehow.

Anybody have a spare copy they don't need?

Boolit Man
    Have it but not quite ready to start selling off my library as some books become impossible to replace. Did check Amazon and they have two used in good condition for $45 each. Half my collection are autographed by authors and hope heirs don't roll in a dumpster when go through my stuff. Pulled mine and checked inside title page, cover has a steel gallina (chicken) painted orange sucking up a hit. I am on Lake Lanier NC and not uncommon to ride motorcycles up in Lake Lure NC area so if have a local IMHSA shoot would ride up for it.

Still have a half dozen switch barrel Dan Wessons purchased early 80's as able to reduce barrel cylinder gap to almost touching and then tune barrel harmonics by amount of torque applied to barrel to find its best accuracy node. Remember laying in dirt shooting "Creedmore Position" with blast pad on calf so side spit didn't burn the flesh off my leg busting 200 meter rams at best tipping point that 44 mag still had enough to knock it over. Reason bought my first Freedom Arms 454 Casull Mag but IMHSA was a fading sport in my part of country and for many years only got to play when was visiting out west.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I started early in IHMSA as my member number was #725 and we shot our matches in NewOrleans. My good friend, Greg Phares was the First La. State Champ with a 31 score shooting a Ruger 44 mag. I shot a S&W model 57 with 6 inch bbl and while shooting my first bank of Rams of the day with Greg spotting, the following took place. I missed the first three rams and said to Greg, can you see any of my hits so I can make corrections and he answered, no I can't. After my fourth shot and becoming upset, Greg said, David look at your sights! With out understanding what he meant, I said, What the hell do you think I've been looking at. He laughed and said, NO I mean to really look at them. I rolled to the side from my prone position and observed my rear sight up over 1 inch from the frame of the 57.
    In my sight adjustments to try and hit the rams at 500 meters with open sights I had went too far and the screw on the 57 came loose from recoil and allowed the sight to be at it's current position. I had to sit up and start laughing along with Greg. I had written down the number of turns from the bottom but I must of started from another setting instead of starting from the bottom. If you are familiar with the rear S&W sight, they don't have enough threads to adjust for 500 meter targets. The shots I fired were going over the backstop berm for sure but it was a swamp area. I was done, my day was over. Ha! Ha! Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet