Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Barrel boring

Boolit Mold

Barrel boring

Hi,
    I was wondering what size can i get a T/C hawken 50 cal bored out to?
    Is there a difference between what i could bore a hawken 50 cal and a renegade 50 cal?
    I have several rescued T/C's that have rough bores and would like a 58 rifled or even a 62 smoothbore.
    Before you slap your forehead and go "DOH" I've never ventured into this area and have no idea what is normally done.
    Thanks!
    Matt
    Last edited by steif; 06-26-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Go down to the swappin sellin section. look for an add for a WTB 54 cal green mountain LRH barrel thread. In that thread I listed contact info for Bobby Hoyt. He does excellent work and is reasonable. Your renegade is 1" I think? That would probably make it to 58cal rifled.
    Last edited by Harleysboss; 06-26-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Boolit Master

"freshening" is an old technique for muzzle loaders. The difference being, the bore is enlarged enough to remove the difficulties, rather than aiming for a specific caliber. It might require a custom mold.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Banned

earlier this year bobby hoyt reamed out one of my .50 GPRs to .54, with a better 1:56 twist and deeper .012 radius bottom grooves. he's done a number of barrel and chamber reams for me and his work is Top Shelf, highly recommended. bobby's in PA - 717.642.6696

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steif View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering what size can i get a T/C hawken 50 cal bored out to?
    Is there a difference between what i could bore a hawken 50 cal and a renegade 50 cal?
    I have several rescued T/C's that have rough bores and would like a 58 rifled or even a 62 smoothbore.
    Before you slap your forehead and go "DOH" I've never ventured into this area and have no idea what is normally done.
    Thanks!
    Matt
    Mr Hoyt took my Renegade 50 and made it a 62 cal slow twist round ball shooter . His work is reasonable cost/excellent /and fast turn around , I keep finding barrels to send so I can add to the collection /Ed

Boolit Grand Master
    Hoyt took mine to .60 cal w/ a round ball twist.

Boolit Bub
    this is cool! so i wonder if he could take my 54c rifled barrel and bore it out to a 20 gauge smoothbore shotgun?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by midland man View Post
    this is cool! so i wonder if he could take my 54c rifled barrel and bore it out to a 20 gauge smoothbore shotgun?
    Like I said 50 to 62cal in a 1 inch barrel ,also bored a new TC 54 SB to 62 ,(I like big)