WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Minwax Wood Hardener Or J B Weld ??

Boolit Master

Minwax Wood Hardener Or J B Weld ??

I finally was able to get to the store to buy the wood hardener , only 15 miles but these DARN Migraines have been bad for the last week

About to grab the Minwax Wood Hardener and right next to it was J B Weld Wood Hardener .... just over $1 cheaper

I didn't buy either , as $1 is not a big deal
    But I wondered if either was better than the other ?

Different printing on the cans
    But to my eye , the cans both look to be the same .... both CANS might be made by the same company
    But I have NO CLUE

Just want to buy a good product the FIRST time

So took my lady out for a drink and a steak

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Banned
    Have used MinWax product it works. After spending 6 bucks in gas, round trip, what a buck ?

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I use the mimwax never a problem from that product. never seen the other.

Boolit Master
    I had a bay window that stuck out from the front pourch of the house. Cleared away all the rotted wood and started brushing in the Monwax wood hardener. Stuff soaked into the old wood and did it make it hard. Every day would go and brush some more into the wood 5th day started with the measuring and realized it all had to go together piece by piece.None of them no longer than 3' long. Too far into it now. So kept adding pieces,cutting the corner joints and eventually everything came together. Was really sweating the details. Then brushed everything new and old with the wood hardener. light sanding and 3-4 coats latex paint.Then had to do the inside of the window. Glued and screwed a couple dutchmen for attachment points and cut the center piece from a piece of industrial grade plywood. Made a pattern out of cardboard layed on the wood for the cutout. darned if it didn't fit perfect. gave the wood some wood hardener and after a day lite sanding a 3-4 coats of laytex paint. Still nice and sound when we sold the house. So having some experience with Minwax wood hardener that would be the first choice.Just watch out for the fumes as they can be pretty potent. Dust mask isn't gonna work. Respirator best bet. Frank

Boolit Master
    All that stuff is a thin mix of lacquer. If you have any clear lacquer around mix it with lac. thinner and have at it.Been using that for years on grips and knife handles.