Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Beeman AirRifles

Boolit Buddy

Beeman AirRifles

I am considering purchasing a Beeman Air Rifle.
    Your thoughts, input and opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Wil

The only Beeman I have is a Chief . For the price of the PCP it is a excellent buy . My only complaint is the bolt jump that is present with most entry level PCP. But is fixable . The rifle is accurate with a QB type adjustable trigger . Marvin

Boolit Master
    If a older Weihrauch made gun then you can't buy a better Springer. If it's a new one then it's probably a good value but a low end air rifle.

Boolit Master
    I have had a lot of nice air rifles. The one I miss the most is a Beeman hw77 25mm piston 177. Had a walnut stock and was wonderful to shoot. I was chasing something that does not exist and sold the gun. Lessons learned

Boolit Master
    I have a 32+ yr old Beeman Webley Omega I have 10's of thousands of rounds through still in working order never have had it rebuild.

Boolit Master

Lot of ground when you say "Beeman Air Rifle".

Which one?
    Last edited by TCLouis; 06-26-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Corrections
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    Yes the above post is right. What do you intend to use it for? If your looking for a lower priced brake barrel Beeman make
    a very good one. They are a good pest control rifle. Fairly accurate, & good for lower priced brake overs.

Fly

Boolit Master
    Dr. Beeman is long gone from the business. The business was sold around 2010, maybe a little before. Actually the name was sold. The new owners of the name sell some low priced airguns now, under the Beeman name. Some are of decent quality, but nothing like the old days under Beeman control.

Beeman introduced real airguns to the American Public. They sold Weihrauch, Feinwerkbau, Webley mostly and I bought a Weihrauch HW35EB (E for Export and B made exclusively for Beeman) in 1978 This gun is still shooting frequently at my house, as well as several other HW's from Beeman. All were purchased long before he sold the company and were the best airguns available in the US.

Beeman actually went to the factories and commissioned "Beeman Specific Models" and they were always held to a higher QC standard than other importer's guns.

This is no longer the case as the new guys are just selling whatever they can get ahold of as they don't have to volume of sales to buy larger quantities and get special treatment. Dr Beeman literaly opened up the American Market to German Airgun makers, so he got special treatment.

I would look at Pyramid Air, Airguns of Arizona and places like that for a quality airgun these days. Both these outfits are selling all kinds of guns but they are knowledgable and can answer questions intelligently and can direct you to the good stuff.

You can get an excellent rifle for under $400 and it will last you a lifetime and probably more. Weihrauch, AirArms RWS and Diana are the best names to look at .

I'm partial to Weihrauch as I have 4 of them and they are all excellent guns on par with many firearms I own. Real Blued Steel and Walnut.

Accuracy is unquestionable from all of them. If you miss,,, it was YOU!

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 06-26-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

The Beeman of old only sold top of the line air rifles and accessories, mostly German made.

The modern day Beeman sells Chinese and Spanish made guns.

I have a Beeman R7 I got for an anniversary present long ago. It is lightweight, super accurate, and fun to shoot (.177 cal) rifle. It works great for "pests" and targets, but does not shoot very fast (620fps max), or is it a very long range air rifle (50ft or so). There are better, and cheaper, "spring" air rifles such as the model 34 RWS for huntig; however very few brands match the quality of the (now) obsolete Beeman air rifle line for pure shooting enjoyment.

Boolit Master
    Although Dr. Beeman is the face of airguns in the U.S., The late Robert Law of the original ARH, was the true introductory force for high quality German airguns in the U.S.. Back in the 1960's, he was tuning and selling HW's, FWB's, Diana's and other fine airguns, from his West Virginia shop. He had a considerable inventory of spare replacement parts. He also offered a detailed catalog, full of good information, and even offered for sale, monthly booklets on detailed maintenance, and tuning on airguns and pellets. I still have some of them. Dr. Beeman with either more money, or business sense, or both, got the rights to be the sole U.S. distributor of the HW line. Since HW products were the linchpin of his business, and he could only buy them now from Beeman, business became a downward spiral, eventually closing shop in the 1980's. I heard Mr. Law went into the ministry, and passed away in 2014.
    Last edited by GBertolet; 06-27-2018 at 01:12 PM.