Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: You Lee Turret press users, ?

Boolit Master

You Lee Turret press users, ?

Can you interchange the four hole and the three hole heads in the same press?

Thanks.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    No. I tried.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Interesting question. I wonder the same thing. I always use the 4 hole because that is normal for my press. I do seem to recall there is a kit to convert and upgrade the 3 hole presses to do 4 hole which makes me think there might be some differences.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

No, you need a conversion kit to change from 3 to 4 or from 4 to 3 as I did. It would of been nice to be able to use either or but I think the index would be off. As it is the index rods are different as well, not to mention longer on the 4.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Nope =(
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Ah, thank you kindly.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    If you change the ring you can, but you will have to change the ring, back and forth. It's the same one they use on the Pro 1000.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jimkim; 06-28-2018 at 10:15 AM.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    No they are not interchangeable
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Bub
    I have the Lee Loadmaster - good setup. I do understand it is a progressive press. But from my thoughts....you can purchase the Loadmaster pretty cheap rather than doing a conversion.

Moderator Emeritus

Lee has moved away from the 3, they don't offer parts for the 3 anymore (except for the tool head)
    if you have a use for a 3 hole turret press, start looking now for a good used press, they will only get more scarce and more expensive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Lee has moved away from the 3, they don't offer parts for the 3 anymore (except for the tool head)
    if you have a use for a 3 hole turret press, start looking now for a good used press, they will only get more scarce and more expensive.
    This is a fact. And if it has all the parts for the Auto Advance then the price just doubled! Yes Lee has quit supporting the 3 hole press and will not supply parts.

I have 2 Value presses. One I use and one was picked up cheap but is about shot as it was very abused. If I can come across another in good condition for cheap I will pick it up. I use it to work up pistol loads which it does very well with the 3 die set. I also now am at a point that I have one pistol that is finicky and needs the FCD to get it to seat reliably so I have been looking at either the new Value 4 hole press or the new Breech Lock Pro to load that one on.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    This is a fact. And if it has all the parts for the Auto Advance then the price just doubled! Yes Lee has quit supporting the 3 hole press and will not supply parts.

I have 2 Value presses. One I use and one was picked up cheap but is about shot as it was very abused. If I can come across another in good condition for cheap I will pick it up. I use it to work up pistol loads which it does very well with the 3 die set. I also now am at a point that I have one pistol that is finicky and needs the FCD to get it to seat reliably so I have been looking at either the new Value 4 hole press or the new Breech Lock Pro to load that one on.
    You can switch out the ring, and use four hole turrets.

https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...65-turret-ring

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Thanks for the heads-up but I already knew that. I use the 3 hole for reasons, I also own a Lee Pro1000 which is my main press. But again Lee is not supplying or supporting either of the Red Base Value presses any longer. If parts are needed they will have to be found on the used markets.